Ls/vtec For A Stock 90 Teg Ls Worth It?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by beng@Jan 3 2003, 02:18 AM
:worthy: Feedback, please!

if you mean stock car, then yea.. i mean.. its just adding vtec to a non-vtec engine.. its not actually super amounts of power. do get a CAI, header and exhuast when you install it though.

You dont need suspension or anything.. no tranny upgrades right now.. if you plan to boost.. keep LS tranny.. want to go NA (apparently you do.. ls/vtec is generally done for na apps) then go b16 sir 1 cable tranny as i think your car is tranny.

Dont forget to get the VTEC oil squirters installed so your bottom end gets oil at high revs.. I recommend rebuilding the bottom end, but i'm sure its not neccessay.. but, dont cut corners.. the end result, isn't worth it!

By stock I was referring to the block mainly. Also how high is the milage. If looking for lo budget, at least use ARP rod bolts. Also instead of relocating the alignment pins on top of the block just use ARP headstuds. I don't know how familiar you are with LS/VTEC, so don't take offense.

I'm sorry, I should have informed you guys.
Everything is stock, the LS has 200K and I
was wondering if it was worth trying to build
it up. And if it was worth building up, I was
wondering what head would be the most
beneficial on this 90 LS block. And also with
what setup, as far as pistons, rods, so on and
so on... . work well with whichever head.

I hope this helps.
thanks guys

Originally posted by beng@Jan 3 2003, 04:02 AM
I'm sorry, I should have informed you guys.
Everything is stock, the LS has 200K and I
was wondering if it was worth trying to build
it up. And if it was worth building up, I was
wondering what head would be the most
beneficial on this 90 LS block. And also with
what setup, as far as pistons, rods, so on and
so on... . work well with whichever head.

I hope this helps.
thanks guys

200k? tear it down and see how much or if any sleeve damage is done.. but, since 200k its in need of rebuild anyways.. i would go all out now, to last you longer later.

eagle rods (pissedoff has some 4sale), endyn pistons (pissedoff has some 4sale), possibly new sleeves, vtec oil squiters, b16 sir 1 head.. oh and to loose a lil weight.. get some SUPER light volks (pissedoff has some :D)

just rebuild the bottom end because that is kinda a lot of miles and it'll help a lot anyways.

Back