ls/vtec help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

devin500

i'm thinking about doing a ls/vtec conversion on a 90 ls. if i by this
Nagasaki Jdm Motors

can i just swap the whole head and get the golden eagle ls/vtec kit and change the bearings on the stock ls rods with some fresh ones and swap over the b16 pistons with some fresh rings on them and then be good to run, i'm trying to build this on a budget. i dont wana send the block out or have to by to many parts. the reason i choose the b16 motor is because i want to use the block for another project

Just use the B16, no reason to spend the extra on LS/V unless youre dead set on it. you're also going to need an ECU which is not listed as coming with the engine, you'll also have to clearance the block a tiny bit to use b16 pistons, if youre going all motor lsVtec then just use the b18 bottom end and b16 top end, then ARP hadware all around, and you should be good.
GOOD FAST CHEAP, you can pick only two.fast and cheap isn't goodgood and cheap isn't fastgood and fast isn't cheap not my quote but something to consider.

Last edited:
Back