ls/vtec how much power is it anyway??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vetch22

i hear a lot about the ls/vtec i was just wondering with a good one built around how much power will the beast unleashed compared to the old time monster h22, b18c1, b18c5, thank guys this forum is the shit!!!

That all depends on how much money you're willing to dump into it.

The LS/Vtec is a strong setup for less money than a GSR (for the swap that is).

If you're willing to dump thousands in.. hell you could make 500 hp.

i heard of the ls/vtec making more than 300 whp at more than 10k fully naturally aspired.

it really all depends how much power you want to make and how much money you have to spend.

the mods i can remember for the motor above were

b18b block
sleeved and posted to 84mm
stock crank
76mm throttle body
550cc RC injectors
Hondata ECU
Endyn 12:1 rollerwave forged pistons
head milled
ported and polished
block milled
Stock GSR crank Girdle
modified ITR water and oil pumps
i don't remeber the cams tho
Eagle rods
skunk 2 intake manifold(custom port and polish)

thats about all i can remeber i know there was a ton of custom work tho.
oh and it was running on 93 octane,

so i guess it all dpends on your budget, the build above would be very expensive.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Aug 13 2003, 06:19 PM
i heard of the ls/vtec making more than 300 whp at more than 10k fully naturally aspired.

it really all depends how much power you want to make and how much money you have to spend.

the mods i can remember for the motor above were

b18b block
sleeved and posted to 84mm
stock crank
76mm throttle body
550cc RC injectors
Hondata ECU
Endyn 12:1 rollerwave forged pistons
head milled
ported and polished
block milled
Stock GSR crank Girdle
modified ITR water and oil pumps
i don't remeber the cams tho
Eagle rods
skunk 2 intake manifold(custom port and polish)

thats about all i can remeber i know there was a ton of custom work tho.
oh and it was running on 93 octane,

so i guess it all dpends on your budget, the build above would be very expensive.

Sounds like bullshit to me.

Why would you resleeve and then post? Most resleeve jobs include a strutted sleeve... so posting is pointless.

Why mill the head and block when you're already using custom pistons designed for the compression you want? That's just dumb. Resurface your head/block, then buy the pistons with the compression you need.

Nobody's made 300whp streetable all-motor with a B series engine, unless you're talking about Larry Widmer's article that still doesn't have dyno proof yet.

Originally posted by JDMEK4@Aug 13 2003, 08:43 PM
I heard Ls/Vtec aint that Reliable

You're hearing internet rumor crap from people who don't know what they're talking about, and from people who don't know how to put engines together. Go read up some more. The unreliable LS/VTECs out there were built badly or were built with worn out parts...

Hey celesta with a good built ls/vtec motor you with all the good stuff, skunk2 manifold, rod, pistons, everything good and high performance stuff how much power will you get out of one of them thanks

Originally posted by gyallis@Aug 13 2003, 10:35 PM
Why not just answer his question, rather than blab?

cause there is no real answer... we cant guess HP numbers, personally 196.7hp... based off of what i know i have in my LS/VTEC this is what im making to the ground, and personaly best is now 13.23@112

but thats me... chances that you come with numbers exactly the same as mine are SLIMMMMMM TO NONE!!!!!!

so dont depend only on my information

Originally posted by vetch22@Aug 14 2003, 12:53 AM
Hey celesta with a good built ls/vtec motor you with all the good stuff, skunk2 manifold, rod, pistons, everything good and high performance stuff how much power will you get out of one of them thanks

There's no real way to say...

B)

I read in "HONDA/ACRUA Engine performance " by HP Books,

Typical LS with B16 or B18c head swap adds about 40 hp avg. due to larger displacement and longer stroke.

HP-170-190 At the flywheel
Torque-120-145
CR-10:1

Back