LS/VTEC......is a LS tranny a good choice?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rsg74

Looking to buy a 92 hatch with this set up:

block= B18A1 93 integra
Head= B16A2 00 Si
ECU= GSR
Tranny= LS 95
eagle rods
00 Si pistons PR3

ls tranny is okay but a b16 or gsr are better.....gsr is the best out of those 3... but if you can afford it get a itr/ctr tranny.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

formby i would disagree i much better liked the si tranny over the gsr- but yes if can affordable ctr-itr with stock lsd's is wonderfull- ls is great for gas mileage tho!

The LS is the low man on the totum pole.. It'll work fine, but any other trans will be better.

LS is an all around good tranny, not for 1/4 racing at all.
I upgraded to b16 tranny, and its always above 4k no matter what gear im in... I need a 6th speed in this bitch

I agree the LS tranny is too long for running the 1/4 mile that's what is killing me right now with my LS/VTEC setup. I would say go with the GSR cuz if you do any traveling or any long trips to the track with the B16 tranny you will be close to 5k at 80mph.

i currently have a cable b16 tranny and at 75 i'm close to 4.5k rpms.....its not that bad but the gsr has a longer final drive

ls trannys arent bad, just spend a little extra money and buy a different final drive. that will make the gears alot shorter.

thanks for the input. I know were to look for engines but what about the tranny? Where would i get a GSR tranny or type- r tranny?

that setup is kinda wack.

using a GSR ecu on a b16 head/IM with no IAB's is counter-productive....

IMO, if you're looking to buy this car used from someone, i'd re-think your offer. sounds like a hack-job.

as for the tranny,

the closer the gearing, the faster the car will accelerate.
the longer the gearing, the slower the car will accelerate.

LS is the longest tranny for b-series.
you do the math.

Someone posted a video of two B16A/LS tranny EFs going at it. I was like watching old people fuck.

Back