Ls/vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dorito_burrito

i have done tons of research on the LS/VTEC hybrid engine, but i cant seem to figure out which model year LS engine to use as the base. From what i've seen the 90-91s are the most common.. why is that?
1 more question: which base would be best for my 93 civic hatch? it's OBD1 obviously

The block doesn't really have anything to do with being good for your car other than having a spot for a knock sensor and the mounting points,other than that the head and the ajoining parts ie IM,distributor,is a big part of matching the OBD to your chassis.The B18A1 seem common because they are plentiful and cheaper than the B18B's which I'm pretty sure are the same between the 94-95 and the 96+.

Originally posted by weak_sauce@May 5 2003, 05:09 AM
b18b1(127) has a lil more torque than the b18a1(121), y dont u just got wit b20z more torque.

Original torque numbers are irrelevent,since when it is built they could go up,or down depending on the finally product.They are only representitive of what can be achieved with the right build.

Back