Make Me An Offer....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
I would put this under the for sale part of the site but its not really forsale just wondering what I can get for it not just what I could get but what you guys would pay
then again if the right offer comes in I might take it

95 civic dx 159497 miles on the car 4247 miles on the engine yes 4247 only

Strut Tower Brace
Lowered 2 1/4 inches
Progress Camber Kit
Aftermarket Struts
Konig Wheels with Kumho Tires
3 Auto Meter Gauge Pods on the left piller
3 2 5/8" Gauges Tach, Boost, Oil Pressure
MSD 6A Ignition Amplifier
MSD Blaster SS Coil
MSD plug wires
NGK R Plugs
Apex-I Turbo Timer
Apex-I AVC-R
Upgraded Motor Mount Inserts
Upgraded SI Radiator
MSD Plug Wires
88-91 JDM B16A
91 Integra LS Trans
Full custom 3" from turbo back with 3" tip
3"" downpipe
ACT Street/Racing Clutch 6 puck disk
Hondata ECU with boost upgrade
4 440CC RC Injectors
Spearco Intercooler
T3/T4 Turbo
HKS Blow Off Valve
Tial WasteGate
Open Dump Tube
Crower Titanium Retainers
Crower Dual Valve Springs
ARP Head Studs
JE Custom Type R Pistons
JE Piston Rings
Eagle Connecting Rods
Darton Ductile Iron Sleeves
Pro Drive Oil Pump Gears
GSR Oil Pump/Housing

car was built/tuned by www.tempestracing.com and engine swap was done by fred ellis www.crxguru.com

used CTX 10w30 for the first 1000 miles then switched to Moble 1 15w50 synth oil and have used honda oil filters from the start

I just replaced the master and slave clutch clys

car would come with the stock D15B7 motor/trans as with ECU and injectors
also a stock exhaust with stock cat
2nd downpipe "for use with stock exhaust "smog reasons"
I also have a 2nd set of wheels that came with the car some dinky 13" but good for winters

just wondering what I could get

car is in Maryland

s3de1d345aa5b4.jpg

a 96 civc ex from where i live (down by newport beach)
on Ebay, went for 7500.00

he had a gsr conversion and a shitload of mods.

btw, its nice to see someone with an engine swap that does more to it than just bolt ons....

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 22 2003, 07:36 PM
If I had money and was looking for a new car,hmmm...$8,000-$9,000 :unsure:

a car as "old" as that with those miles (on the car, not engine) a bank will not finance $8-9k for it...unless you pay cash for it (but who has that much cash laying around???). you MAY be able to get $5k tops (but i see you have way more into it). banks dont look at whats done to the car, they look at the car itself and determine the value based on shape of the car and miles. my dad was a VP for a bank and he told me thats how they did it.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp Posted on Mar 23 2003@ 01:55 AM
a car as "old" as that with those miles (on the car, not engine) a bank will not finance $8-9k for it...unless you pay cash for it (but who has that much cash laying around???). you MAY be able to get $5k tops (but i see you have way more into it). banks dont look at whats done to the car...

Believe me I know this :D ,it was hypothetical,but I'm not sure about the civilian world,but here in the military we can get signature loans based on how long you have been in the service and how long you have left.That's how I got the loan for my car now and the money for the swap and excess goodies.

try having a bank give you a loan for a 2000SI with extra money so you can fully build the motor and turbo it they wont do that either

thats the problem with "hobbies" you wont get anything back out of them unless its old trains, guns, coins...

bottom line is if some ones looking to build a honda for speed they can either

A. buy a car 2-5K then sink 10 into it and still have stuff on the list of things to buy

B, buy one fully built and done right to start with for 13-15K

I wish I went with the later....

the going rate in maryland for an engine swap is 3500-5500 "parts and labor" turbo kits if done right installed will run you 4500-5500 "counting install and tuning" if none then make that 2500-3000 bucks
so thats 7500 bucks right there then you need to resleeve it 1000-1500 bucks
then pistons/rods 800 bucks rings 80-100 bucks
labor to put it in 750 bucks
then exhaust 500 bucks and custom dp 300-400 bucks

see my point?

I very much doubt I would sell my car just becuase its a blast and Im only a set of injectors and manifold away from 350-450WHP

but if I could do it again I would pay 15K bucks for my car as it is then to build it over again
keeping in mind I paid 6800 for the car to start with before mods

I know people with older 240Zs worth 10K plus to bad you could only get a loan for 2K if that...
on paper its not worth much to bad some of them have supra TT engines as with skyline engines and GNX engines.... the point is who cares what banks say becuase in that case my cars worth 3500-4500

ending quote... hobbies are for one thing and that is to burn holes in wallets

you could get about 8 grand for it. if you hold out, 10k is possible.... but its going to take a while to sell it.

what are you looking at getting?

just wondering thats all but I have heard of cars going for 12-14K but its all in the right person at the right time

bottom line if some one knows what it really cost to do things right then chances are it will go for more

how much did you pay for your setup brian? VS building it yourself

same thing goes for that

always cheaper to buy what some one else has done VS building it from the ground up

Jeff

im not a good example. i got my motor from a guy who needed cash fast, to pay his court fines :p

what i got, was worth:

gsr swap - 3000
IB build - 4000
b16 head work - 2000
misc shit - 1000

i paid 4200 for it with 4k on it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 23 2003, 12:23 AM
im not a good example. i got my motor from a guy who needed cash fast, to pay his court fines :p

no it is a good example it just shows that if you buy it predone its alot cheaper then doing it yourself
on AVG what do you think a fully built honda would cost you? Im talking buying a Chassis not in need of paint also having the insides being very clean and a motor that could hold 500WHP what do you think it would cost?

and don't use your B hook ups=) damn you and your friends but on avg for the AVG hondaswap member what it would cost

Jeff

lol, shit, get some nitro methane, much cheaper than 500 bucks. Just make sure you race for more than the value of your car :)

no really now..... to build a car that will hold up and last more then 5K miles in other words drive it everyday to work and back

5k miles? thats not too bad. id say 5 grand just in work.
to last 20-50k miles, i'd say 10k just in work

Back