manual to auto????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok guys.. need some help. my sister just bought a 97 dx coupe 5speed. we got a hell of a deal on it but the only problem is that its a 5 speed and she wants an auto. ive got a friend with a 97 auto dx hatch and he wants to trade trannys. we got to thinkin about what all would need to be taken off his car. i think we need the tranny, ecu, shifter mechanism??? do i need the wiring harness too??? any thing else?? i need to know what all i need to wire up if i dont use the wiring harness. help me out guys.

uhm...

pop the hood on the auto trans...
this is gonna be a lot of work...

when you look on top of the trans you'll see the plugs on the auto trans
and the auto trans also has its own computer
you'll need to switch ecu's to avoid the code 19
you'll need to remove both shifters with wiring etc, the whole clutch assembly and hydro lines...

its going to be a night mare worth of little things but shouldn;t be too bad with both cars right there...

i told her to just trade cars too. but she hates hatches. if it were me i would already have 2 hatches in my collection :drive:

yea, its not worth it. you need the complete interior wiring harness as well as the trans computer...

just sell that one and find her one.

well you could get her to learn how to drive a stick or if she already knows then sell the car for more or what you paid for it, since you got a crazy deal

she can drive a stick she just doesnt want one... well im trying to get it from her now cause i want it for a daily driver. thanks for the help anyways../.

You will need the complete interior dash and chasis wire harness
You will need the automatic pedal assembly

1.You will need the automatic shifter
a. You will need to cut out the neck of the 5spd shifter assembly to allow the auto shifter to sit in correctly
b. You will need to get the automatic shifter cable

you will need the automatic gauge cluster
you will need the shift interlock relay
you will need the a/t cruise control computer
you will need the a/t computer and the a/t ECU

You MAY need to change the tranny mount bracket and modify the frame rail to accomodate the larger tranny

You SHOULD change the rear mount

That's all. :p

Back