MAP is too short to search for... Sensor issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c!v!c

elite crew
Swapped a JDM B16A SiR-II into my EG...

Picture031.jpg

WTF is that hose setup, and what did it do with my MAP sensor? Any engine I've seen has the map sensor bolted right on top of the TB there... But this engine doesn't even have a spot for it.

Because after fixing all of the wiring issues, clearing all the old codes, now I get a MAP sensor CEL... Because I don't have one attached to the engine.

:wtf:

Or am I just retarded?

P.S.
Don't mind the temporary throttle cable bracket...The IM bracket is in the mail. :)

Well I did a little research... oh and called up Steve at HMO.

Apparently I'm supposed to take the MAP sensor off my single cam, plug that hose into it, and then zip tie it to the back of my engine... :mellow:

It's a '95 body, so the D15B7 engine had the MAP sensor integrated on the TB. The engine is a 92-95 SiR-II swap from HMO... It's just strange that the throttle body looks like OBD-0. I could've sworn OBD-1 TB's all had the MAP sensor integrated, rather than having to run the hose.

The valve cover has VTEC in bigger letters than DOHC, and the intake mani doesn't say PGM-FI, so I know the engine is OBD-1, I just wasn't expecting to have to run the hose. Maybe it's a JDM thing?

Well, It's my first actual swap, but I did a rebuild on the D15 so I know my way around the bay, but some of this JDM/USDM B/D series stuff can get confusing!

do what steve said at hmo, he is 100% correct.
some of the obd1 cars had the map sensor mounted to the firewall (92-93 DX civic and 92,93 integras)

If you really have a huge problem with it, then pick up a throttle body off any 94+ ls integra and swap it on, but the cheapest thing to do would be to put the one off of your engine on that tube, you will see when you take it off that you can put it on there.

Back