MB GLA45 AMG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mazda is making some great cars for the price. As an adult, the word "value" has become more important to me. I don't need a daily driver that goes fast. I want to feel safe and I want to feel comfortable...for less than $25,000. I don't think anybody could convince me right now that I would be happier with a more expensive car than what I can get for $25k. Yeah, I can afford a brand new M3, but it doesn't do much for me that a cheaper car can't.

Accord Sport is what I'm all about.

But Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 are kicking ass as well.

We are buying a new car soon and one of the things it must have is a man pedal *wife's request* she drives 100+ miles a day and says driving a manual makes her a better driver.

Good mpg
Mid size sedan
Manual transmission
Not too expensive since it will get massive miles

Our civic SI now has 165k miles on it!

Anyways, Let's see what that leaves us with.

Accord
Passat
Mazda6

This year subaru dropped the manual from the legacy... Thanks subaru.

We took a Mazda6 out and couldn't believe the car for the money. Currently it's on top of our list.

BTW Brian the CLA looked awesome... Until we saw it. Fuck me, that car is ugly. Such a could have been, car.

I've posted this a 100x. If I didn't want a truck and my beater I'd get one. Accord Sport Sedan. Owns.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-honda-accord-sport-sedan-long-term-test-wrap-up-review

We really like having rear vents in our trailblazer, for some odd reason Honda doesnt put rear vents on the Accord LX or Sport, only the EX and EX-L (leather)
Honda Accord was top of our list until I started seeing one review after another placing the 2015 accord SECOND to the Mazda6. Mazda wasnt even on our list of cars to look into. Mazda? not us, never been into Mazdas...

We test drove a Accord EX, and about 20 minutes later test drove a Mazda6 touring,

Accord is made for fat people, just like the TL the seats are bigger, over all the interior is bigger even though on paper its only slightly bigger, the accords clutch felt like total shit, as in not even there, it was a fake feeling pedal that worked the clutch, the steering on the accord is super numb, way over done on the power steering. the drive was very much auto mode, nice ride but you are sorta just there.

Mazda6 interior is much better, it fits a normal sized person better and is very well designed and laid out, you sit in what feels a cockpit that is designed for the driver, steering is so much better than the accord, the clutch sucked balls but sucked less than the accords clutch, accord felt like it was more roomy in the shoulder area, the mazda for some odd reason felt like it had more leg room, a lot of leg room in the back.

The accord is everywhere and while it looks good it is a bland good, the mazda in pictures, I was so so with, in person its a damn sexy car.

There's a reason the Mazda6 has slightly edged out the Accord review after review

also 37MPG with 6 speed for Mazda6 VS 34MPG for Accord. (6 speed)

Mazda made a great car to drive, Honda built a great car to ride in, even when driving its just kinda numb.

Both are good cars but in the end I think the Mazda owns it since to get the same options in the accord you need to spend $5K more...
Mazda6 touring in this area is $21,8 for everything not counting tax/tags/reg, delivery, dealer fees, everything.

Honda Accord EX is 25-27K+ with unknown fees not tacked on. plus has less options VS the mazda.

Again both good cars, but I agree with reviews, Mazda is slightly better based on a back to back test drive.

Accord like the TL is American built,
Mazda6 is Japanese built

That's a pretty objective review. My gf has a 08 mazda 3 sport and she loves it. (THough I can't stand its squeaky/whiny idle.)

I do like the new led headlights that are showing up on a pile of cars. The mazda's have them. A friend has a new corolla s and its come a LONG way.

Ironically the reason we looked at the Mazda is because we wanted an accord. I started watching accord reviews and that damn 6 kept beating it.

FIY Old mazdas were built in the US partnered with ford. New ones are built in Japan by Mazda only.

I had an older Mazda 6 as a rental I'm guessing it was an 07-08? Holy shit that car sucked. I remember telling myself Mazda sucked.

Last edited:
ILX comes in a manual with the 2.4
pricey for a leather-swapped civic though

What is the mpg of that car? Civic also comes manual as with other smaller cars. We need mid size or bigger.

22/31 with the k24 another modern honda failure :/

welcome to the " i want to buy a new car but there isn't a single f'ing thing on the market that appeals to me" team.

For a daily driver I really don't mind an auto, my Mercedes had a great auto transmission and I didn't mind it. however if I didn't have a manual weekend toy I'd miss it.

On the flip side, Linh wont even look at a car that doesn't have a manual, she wont have anything to do with it. Our next car is replacing her civic so she gets to choose what she wants.

The lifetime average mpg in my new si is 30.4. That's pretty good for a quick car in mainly stop and go driving. Honda manual trans cars are WAYY underrated on the mileage sticker.

Not to mention Honda's have ridiculous resale value - especially SI ones.

No manual plus even with the 4cly it gets less than 30mpg

My wife currently drives a Honda civic si and her gas bill is around $400/month at the current low price.

Going from the si to a 35mpg car that takes 87 will save us about $160 a month. And let's not forget it misses the main thing my wife says a car must have.

The lifetime average mpg in my new si is 30.4. That's pretty good for a quick car in mainly stop and go driving. Honda manual trans cars are WAYY underrated on the mileage sticker.

My VT is averaging 32mpg lifetime.

wow 27K for an Si coupe with some of the options my car has. what a hoot. and people buy them? lol

let's not forget about insurance prices, or that fact that odds are, it will be stolen.

Hyundai's vehicles are impressive of late. That said, I'll need to drive one before I'm fully convinced they have turned the ship around.

My VT is averaging 32mpg lifetime.

wow 27K for an Si coupe with some of the options my car has. what a hoot. and people buy them? lol

32 is pretty good. The si gets 30 in almost any situation thanks to the sporty gearing. The thing is spinning 3500 at 75mph. I could easily get 35 on the highway in my heavier Accord Sport. The si's gearing, and the fact that it's one of the last FF cars that has a true LSD makes it worlds more entertaining to drive vs. the Veloster T. That, and it won't fall apart and be worth nothing at 100k miles. Hyundai manual gear boxes are absolutely shit from what I hear at work.

The Mazda6 sounds promising. I agree it looks WAY better than the Accord. I do know that Mazda has the worst corrosion resistance in the industry right now. I wouldn't touch one from the northeast. IDK if they have fixed the issue for the new 6, but there are three year old Mazda3's hear with rusting quarter panels. What kind of mileage are the Subi's getting now? I heard they are vastly improved.

Let's not forget that Hyundai options up their cars because they have to. If they weren't loaded with options for less money, they wouldn't be selling them. Hyundai is trying to get out from under their bad reputation from selling shit cars for so many years. As soon as they build their customer base and their reputation, prices will increase. They're working on a 10-15 year plan: spend more money now in hopes of making more later.

Back