Me vs 04 Cobra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CarAudiophile

Not as bad as I would of thought though..

We raced to 110mph and I was on the bottle.. We started at like 15mph and I was on BFG's so ya don't hear my car screamin for Traction..

Oh well.. Win some lose some.. I just wanted to see what I could do vs him.

But her ya go.. She is small file this time.

http://www.1320video.com/vids/coryvsrobbie.wmv

Yeah that was the 04 Sc'd Cobra.. And I am going bigger than 75 on the new setup..

And I already have cooler plugs installed into the car.

Originally posted by CarAudiophile@Dec 9 2004, 03:38 PM
Yeah that was the 04 Sc'd Cobra.. And I am going bigger than 75 on the new setup..

[post=429498]Quoted post[/post]​

I could be wrong but I believe all '04 SVT Cobras are supercharged.

Thanks.. Were gonna have another run at it this Summer on my New Setup.. Only problem is he wil have the Kenny Bell by then :(

Originally posted by CarAudiophile@Dec 9 2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks.. Were gonna have another run at it this Summer on my New Setup.. Only problem is he wil have the Kenny Bell by then :(
[post=429573]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, you will be screwed at that point (haha...bad pun).

Yeah when he gets that Kenny Bell that thing is gonna haul.. Even with the new Setup I am sure he is gonna pwn me.

its always good to meet someone who can admit to losing rather than the usual "yea i beat the stang" ....... props on you :worthy:

Works fine for me and everyone else..

I can admit to losing all the time.. I try to pick exspensive cars or cars that are known to be pretty quick.. I don't mind losing at all.. Everytime I run someone typically they are suprised the car hung in there decently.

Originally posted by CarAudiophile@Dec 10 2004, 12:14 AM
Works fine for me and everyone else..

I can admit to losing all the time.. I try to pick exspensive cars or cars that are known to be pretty quick.. I don't mind losing at all.. Everytime I run someone typically they are suprised the car hung in there decently.
[post=429636]Quoted post[/post]​

works fine for me too.......as for your statement about everyone else? theres always that one guy that beats vettes and porches in their stock honda civic trim... I was giving you props thats all

My 97 Vic EX pwns teh CObras, vettes, vipers, wrx's, and everything else. I am teh uber hawnduh

*edit: Threadjack Apology: I am sorry.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Dec 9 2004, 04:40 PM-->
CarAudiophile
@Dec 9 2004, 03:38 PM
Yeah that was the 04 Sc'd Cobra..  And I am going bigger than 75 on the new setup..

[post=429535]Quoted post[/post]​

you're not. all 03-04 Cobras have an Eaton charger on it. 390/390 with IRS and a 6 sp manual. stock they're around 12.8... Not too bad of a run CarAudio, what size shot are you running right now? I think a 75 shot would even it up, but wouldn't take him.

I run stock Injectors.. I run a larger fuel pump along with the AEM Fuel Reg, and Fuel Rail..

Let me know what you run on the track.. Be interesting to hear how you do with the 75hp vs my 55hp. And I squeeze right off the line and all the way down..

But yes Corbras have been known to pull that Number.. This car right here ran a 13.3 here at our track but with a trap of about 110mph.

Let me know what ya do on the track.. I am planning on taking the Egg on tour next year for our next DVD coming out hopefully and getting some races with new people. However it will be on a complete different setup.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy+Dec 10 2004, 01:34 AM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 10 2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Dec 9 2004, 04:40 PM
CarAudiophile
@Dec 9 2004, 03:38 PM
Yeah that was the 04 Sc'd Cobra..  And I am going bigger than 75 on the new setup..

[post=429535]Quoted post[/post]​

you're not. all 03-04 Cobras have an Eaton charger on it. 390/390 with IRS and a 6 sp manual. stock they're around 12.8... Not too bad of a run CarAudio, what size shot are you running right now? I think a 75 shot would even it up, but wouldn't take him.
[post=429793]Quoted post[/post]​

12.8 ..i dunno bout that .. maybe with a proffesional driver but i dont think there that fast .. i have pulled on a newer svt cobra but not sure what year it was ..it just looked like a mustang gt but it said svt so it might of been a 02 or something but i have pretty much the same setup as audiophile.. except i have a fpr and a 75 shot .. ohh and gutted .. but he has a aem fuel rail and bigger injectors i think .. either way you should use the 75 you will be suprised in the difference .. i cant even squeeze in first or second do to traction issue's ... is i punch it at 5200 when vtec kicks in while sprayin it will spin the tires half way through third ... with the 55 shot it just made me "scratch" or "chirp" a lil more in 3rd .. im try'n to get my buddy to go with me on saturday to the races so you guys can see my run
[post=429852]Quoted post[/post]​

They're 12.8 second cars. on the street, even with a guy who granny shifts. I've never seen an 03-04 get anything higher than a 13.1. A lot of them have put down between 350-380 to the wheels, meaning they're horribly underrated. A simple Intake trick can net gains of up to 12-15 rwhp.

If you don't want to believe me, go look it up. :)

You probably pulled on either a 99 or 01 Cobra since there were no USDM SVTs for 02. (they were built, but were sent to europe and other places). I'm not surprised that you pulled on it, it has an NA 4.6 with 305 hp.

Non SC'd Cobras (Older ones) are weaksauce.. I pulled on one pretty easily.. Should of seen the look on his face when I was spining the Street Tires and pulling on him.. And as soon as it finally hooked.. (Top of 3rd) then I put a decent amount on it.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Dec 13 2004, 09:50 PM
what do those mach1's have are they fast or pretty much the same as a GT
[post=431686]Quoted post[/post]​

Mach Is make the same power as the 99 and 01 Cobras, 305 hp 325 ft lbs torque. They have a shaker hood, dohc 4.6L 4v motor, 3.55 gears and a Tremec (I think) 5 sp manual as far as the hardware, different rims and a black stripe paint job as far as exterior looks. Interior is upgraded over the GT as well.

As far as what they run, the few on mustangforums.com have run within the 13-13.5s bone stock, meaning they're also underrated from the factory.

Back