Mid America Ford Performance And Shelby Meet.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domeskilla

Its not a honda, but :fuckyou2:..

Pics coming by the end fo the week, have to get them developed

The show was huge, had a lot of nice ass cars. Fords SVT was there with their cars. They had a ranger with a s/c 5.4 in it. The orange mustang you've seen on tv with the "mountain motor" in it, was there. The dual TB's on that thing are as big as my fist. Seen 3 supercharged Rouch 380R stangs sitting in the Rouch tint. Acouple of real Cobra 500R's were there.

I got a little change to look around, there were shelby cobra's out the ass. 99% of them were fake, the 1 real one that I know of, hit the wall on the track. They pulled it off the track and it was steel. The owner looked like he was about to cry, i would also if i just wasted a RARE car, worth a good 350K.

Elenora (sp?) from the movie Gone in 60 Seconds was there, ran a best of 13.2. They only ran it for the media, since in the movie it was suppose to be badass. Wasn't bad, but there were faster street cars there.

Seen 3 real Shelby GT-350's and 1 real GT-500. They were sweet as hell, and driven, not trailered (you could tell b/c the exhuast tips were all black and the body has sut (sp?) on it.

Brackets started and we get the car ready. Ran a best of 10.71, but the track and air got hot, so we moved our dial-in up till we were at 10.96 (that is legal here, you can change it, until you hit the burnout box). First round the other car red lighted.. Second round we were up against a 95-96 era lightning that runs 9.17 and got him looking over at the line and I guess he couldn't wait to go, red lighted. Even if he wouldn't have, we had him, we ran closer and cut a hella light (.526).

Anyways, we goto the finals and come out second. They round robined us (rushed us) and the clutch was still hot and grabbed too much off the line, red lighted by 13 thousands of a secnod. Finishing 2nd, first time out, with all the big names out there (big for the area).. wasn't a bad ordeal.

Specs on the car... 66 coupe.. 317 stroker, 10.4:1 CR, pump gas, jerico 4 speed, 4.56 gears, 30" wide slicks. 447 rwhp. Cars weighs is around 2500 without driver.

That was my saturday.. got so sunburnt i'm blistering and can melt a bag of ice in about 15 minutes flat.

Sounds like it was blast. If I was the owner of that Shelby I wouldn't have cried though, I'd of shit in my pants.

Back