Mini trucker mishap!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I died laughing when I saw this.

So Brian and I went to get some tapes for my brothers video camera and his friend Phil wanted us to come up to some wing place for dinner right across the parking lot.

We get there and sit around and talk for an hour or so and head out to the parking lot. We start lookin over Phils truck. Dark gray primered S10, bagged and all the whatnot with the controls to lower/raise it, etc.

Brian wants him to check out his Ranger, so he pulls around in behind it and then drops the suspension so he's laying the frame on the ground, but doesn't bother to put it back into park. We stood there and talked a little bit about what he's done and what he wants to do with it and whatnot. A few minutes later as we're standing behind his truck, Phil reached into his truck and grabbed his remote for his bags.

He stands up, looks at us with a big "yeah I'm a badass" grin on his face, flips a switch to raise his truck. Suddenly the truck just starts rolling forward.

The look on his face was absolutely Priceless... It went from "yeah I'm a badass" to "holy fucking shit, it's rolling!"

So as he reacts he leans into his truck to try to get to the floor shifter to slam it into park... he can't reach it. Meanwhile he dropped his controls between the seat and the door, so he does the next best thing... he grabs the steering wheel and yanks it to the right to avoid hitting all the parked cars.

I'm standing there with my jaw wide open as Brian is yelling "HIT THE SWITCH HIT THE SWITCH!!!"

About 5 or six parking spaces later he finally gets to his controller and drops his truck to the frame and stops it. I'm still standing there, only now I'm fucking laughing my ass off.

He gets into his truck, raises it and reverses back behind Brians truck. He got out and he was shaking so bad. LOL

That was the funniest shit I've ever seen anyone do in the middle of a busy parking lot. There's two scrapes in the parking lot from where he dropped the frame to stop the truck even. I'm going to laugh everytime I roll by there.

Thats pretty funny but why didn't he just grab the truck and stop it with his weight/strength?? Is he not strong enough? Either way that would be some funny ass shit to watch. :D

A friend of mine went to a car show in Chicago and there were mini-trucks all over the damn place. He said he was sitting at this red-light and a truck went by making a right or left hand turn (Im not sure which way...whatever) and to kinda show-off he hit his "dancing bed" except the bed was set up to fold to the right (or left) and since he was going around a corner fairly fast it tipped the truck onto its side. He said everyone was laughing and pointing and the guy looked like he was gonna cry. Wish I woulda been there to see that shit.

mini truckers spend ALOT of money on their trucks... Which is why they cry when something happens to them...

And I always like the guys that decide to drive 40mph, then drop the frame on the ground to throw sparks, but when they deflate the bags all the way, they forget about the whole suspension geometry thing, and spin the truck around because its riding on the flint blocks, not on the tires... LOL..

Why didnt he just hit the ebrake?

He couldn't reach it since he was standing outside his truck with the door closed... the ebrake is down underneath the dash.

I have owned 2 s10s and 2 Silverados with the ebrake in the same place. You can hit it while the truck is rolling.

i have to add that the parking lot had a decent grade to it thats why Phil couldnt stop his truck. Phil is a big dude and when a truck is rolling down a hill, its gonna be tough for anyone to stop the truck. but yeah it was funny as hell. the truck almost rolled into a parked vehicle but luckily Phil was able to turn the steering wheel to keep the truck from hitting it.

it was funny as hell. im still laughing about it today...LOL

the place we ate at was Buffalo Wild Wings. good stuff!!

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Jun 12 2005, 08:44 PM
i have to add that the parking lot had a decent grade to it thats why Phil couldnt stop his truck. Phil is a big dude and when a truck is rolling down a hill, its gonna be tough for anyone to stop the truck. but yeah it was funny as hell. the truck almost rolled into a parked vehicle but luckily Phil was able to turn the steering wheel to keep the truck from hitting it.

[post=511475]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao:

This wouldn't happen to be in Central Park? (Fredericksburg, VA)

If so, I wanna check out the scrapes. :)

Originally posted by dveit+Jun 13 2005, 10:41 PM-->
BodyDroppedNikes
@Jun 12 2005, 08:44 PM

[post=511475]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao:

This wouldn't happen to be in Central Park? (Fredericksburg, VA)

If so, I wanna check out the scrapes. :)
[post=511893]Quoted post[/post]​

nah it was in Fort Wayne while brian was up here for the weekend getting his badge for Ingram.

Back