Mitsubishi Mirage leads cops on wild police chase

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What an idiot cop to drive straight into the building.

"Hey guys, I'll distract him by driving into this here building!" *splat*

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 26 2005, 09:52 PM
discuss.

http://kcbs.dayport.com/viewer/content/spe..._ID=9&Obj_ID=20
[post=531747]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL, yeah I woke up this morning and hit the power button on the remote for the tv to help wake me up. I started watching while rubbing my eyes and went OHHH SHIT and LOLed. It was a good way to wake up.

On a side note, I love how they call it South Los Angeles now, its only South Central in rap songs now :lol:.

I bet he woulda gotten away if he would have spent a few bucks on Ralli///ART upgrades, y0.

--

"This is car 43, turning right on .. OH MY GOD THAT'S A NICE COUCH!" :plow:

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 27 2005, 12:02 AM
I bet he woulda gotten away if he would have spent a few bucks on Ralli///ART upgrades, y0.

--

"This is car 43, turning right on .. OH MY GOD THAT'S A NICE COUCH!" :plow:
[post=531753]Quoted post[/post]​

haha!! :lol:

that was a 5g, PLENTY of ralli//art shit for it.

Glad to see the cop's didnt die. If that wall would have been brick I beter everyone would feel alittle diffrent.

i would have thought it was a little fucked up if he died.

But people that can't drive shouldn't drive. Now if a mirage can take that corner, the crown vic can too. Those police cruisers actually handle amazing well for a big boat and they defenitly do not understeer.

The story should be like this

Fox 5
Today XXXX XXXX, South Central Police Officer drove his cruiser through a building this morning. He states he was doing the 98 mph chase when he hit a bump and his donut hit the floor. He said he had to think quick in this situation.

He recalled thinking he had two options, go without the donut or conjure up some defensive ninja strategy in re-aquiring the fallen donut while chasing the suspect. He chose the latter. As he was trying to reach down the suspect suddenly decided to take a right on XXX Street. Officer XXX had no intention of giving up that donut. He then hit the building.

Officer XXXX left the scene with minor injuries. As soon as he stepped out, he was asking where the closest Dunkin Donuts was.

Sorry, I'm REALLY bored.

the funny part to me is that the guy who was driving the mirage will be charged with something along the lines of assaulting an officer because the officer couldnt fucking drive and crashed while chacing him

we just had a big ass case in CT like this a year or two ago
some guy lead the cops on a high speed chase, a cop crashed and died because he couldnt handle his car at those speeds, the guy was charged with murdering a police officer :bs:

im not saying anything about what the assholes who were running did... all i am saying is that i think it is rediculous that if a cop that is chasing you, doesnt know how to fucking drive, and cant handle his car, ends up getting injured or killed BY HIS OWN ACTIONS (lack of driving skill), that you can have charges brought up on you for it

It's stupid but I imagine their logic was that if not for the perpetrator, the officer wouldn't have been in a position to kill himself.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 27 2005, 12:40 PM
It's stupid but I imagine their logic was that if not for the perpetrator, the officer wouldn't have been in a position to kill himself.
[post=531929]Quoted post[/post]​

yes but what i am saying is if the cop knew how to drive, or knew his limits and when to back off, he would not have been injured or killed... the guy who was running, in both the video and in the CT case, managed to handle their car through the situation... shit in the video no less than 3 other cars managed to make that very same corner (the mirage, and 2 police cars, one more was about to make the corner when they cut video)... the cop couldnt drive... end of story

i mean if ithe guy had hit the police car putting him into the wall, or let out a James Bond style smoke screen or oil slick, or anything else that had a direct effect on the cop car losing control... then fine i have no problem charging the driver of the car with the injury to the officer.... but when the cop loses control due to lack of skill and driving over his ability, the only one at fault is the person who crashed

no different than when people are racing and one of them crashes and dies, and the cops try to charge the other person that was racing, with the death of the one who crashed.... its bullshit

Hey, speaking of Mirages - I saw a Mirage like yours, but with 4 doors - What's the scoop with that ?!

As far as the cop, if he had just cancelled his turn and gone straight he would be fine - He was COOKIN way too hot for any turn.

Lastly, I've driven my Sister's mirage just like that, And that thing slowed down when it fog. No power. This guy is pretty good, and must have given it maximum everything to do this.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 27 2005, 12:39 PM
Hey, speaking of Mirages - I saw a Mirage like yours, but with 4 doors - What's the scoop with that ?!
[post=531972]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, they make sedans and coupe sedans. the coupe sedans are gross. basically four doors with the coupe front end and rear.

I hate how people "store owners" are like "wah wah wah we just hand made those and now they're a total loss, wah wah wah we should have got insurance for it wah wah wah" Everything is on tape, the CHP will front the bill for both the content of the building as with the building damage.

WAH I just wish they would STFU and say ohwell shit happens. at least we're going to have the chance to mark everything up 30% and make even EXTRA money of our shit.

Why do people skim out on insurance?

I call BS on the store owner saying were thinking about getting insurance earlier that day.

Back