MMMM... new computer... thoughts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
I have had the same Dell laptop for over a year now and I was getting tired of it. Its a great laptop, but I no longer need portability. I also had a 19 inch tube TV in my bedroom which was taking shit on me. So I would spend 500/600 on a good smaller flatscreen and another 1000+ on a nice computer setup. Well I combined them both, for under 1000!

Monitor
Hanns-G 28inch monitor
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" 3ms Widescreen LCD HDMI Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

Computer
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+(2.6GHz)
2GB DDR2 667 (2 x 1GB)
500GB 7200RPM
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 (had 6800ultra in laptop, but i am not really a gamer.)

I also have my cable box hooked up, until I get another HD box. I will then hook it up through the hdmi port on the monitor. Pretty nice for under a grand. Now I am going to sell my laptop to make some money back. Anyone interested... pm me.

dsc00308ux0.jpg

you just bought the box and monitor from best buy didnt you? lol.

how does that monitor hook up to the cable box? HDMI? does it have a remote to switch th inputs from PC to Cable or anything?

Right not the cablebox is hooked up through coax to a tuner built in the back. I will get an HD box on Monday, and hook it up through HDMI. I use media center to watch tv, and it has the option to change inputs. I got a sick deal on the monitor though, it was an offer I could refuse. If you ever decide to come back to bmore... you should check it out.

Whats up with the picture in the top left of your picture? is that a picture of you and the girl?

Back