Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Hey dudes,

Is it ok to run Mobil 1 15W-50 in the B16??? Or just stick with the 10W-30???

I'm setting up to go lapping on Monday and am in need of good Oil.

red line synthetic, ams oil, or mobil 1 are good choices. I wouldnt go heavier unless you have turbo

I ran Mobil 1 15w-50 in my b16 and never had any problems with it. The only bad thing about Synthetic oil is that if you have a slight leak ANYWHERE, it will be more pronounced with synthetic oil.

yep, the a4 has a tiny leak, I was using regular dino oil and it wouldn't leak more than a 1/4 qt every 3-4000 miles, with the synthetic Mobil 1 its about 3/4-1 quart every 3-5k miles.

meh....seems like a worthwhile tradeoff to me. Plus, I go back to blended when the Lapping season is over anyways.

Whats up with 15-50 and 10-30?? You should be using 5-30, shouldnt you??

I use mobile one 5w-30.. No complaints.

Nope b16 uses 10w 30 and you can use your normal oil filter all day , you can use 1 oil filter though 2 oil changes , its not super super bad for your car. i have the import tuner that tells me all about oil! theres lots to know... there is 4 grades of oils, synthetic, petro, etc...

Originally posted by Pewble@Jul 27 2005, 12:00 PM
Nope b16 uses 10w 30 and you can use your normal oil filter all day , you can use 1 oil filter though 2 oil changes , its not super super bad for your car. i have the import tuner that tells me all about oil! theres lots to know... there is 4 grades of oils, synthetic, petro, etc...
[post=531943]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink:

What are you talking about? There are 2 kinds - Mineral. Synthetic. That's it. (It's not even really supposed to be called petroleum any more)

Best Mineral Oil = Kendall/torco
Best Synthetic = royal purple/mobil 1/peolple other than me like redline

You should always change your oil filter, that's more important than the oil IMO. You could really leave synthetic in for 10-15k and just change your filter every 5. I'd use a WIX or K&N filter though. Fuck Fram.

I use moble one synthetic 15w50 in summer and 5w30 in winter if i drive it at all in the winter. I also add 1/2 qt of Lucas oil adative to slow leaks and quite the motor down a little.

Back