More or less directed to Loco Honkey....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugenCRX

So my friend Chaz has owned a 90 Celica ST for a little over a year. But just recently he bought a perfect 90 Celica GTS for $800. Only problem is, the GTS was so cheap because the previous owner(some crazy Italian guy) decided to install the battery back-asswards. So long story short +- -+ = Engine fire.

Anyways, the motor is still in good shape, but everything that can melt, has. Wiring, hoses, all that good stuff. Instead of replacing the motor, he was looking into getting a JDM Alltrac clip. Well, after some reasearch, he has informed me of some aspects of this swap that I would like to double-check past you, seeing how you own an Alltrac. For one, the JDM 3SGTE would be coming with the Alltrac tranny and drivetrain. The people that Chaz has been consulting with on Celica.net have said to use the JDM MR2 Tranny. I was figuring he could use his GTS tranny. :shrug2: I have also heard that wiring is going to be a BIIIAAATTTCCCHHH!!!!! :hmm:

If you could just give me some basic background on this swap if you know anything, or link me somewhere that would be of assistance, I would certainly appriciate it. Also any site with decent prices on clips would help too.(Chaz HAS to have the Alltrac hood.)

Thanks Honkey. :worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back