More pics of teh 1200.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OK, well, I lowered it last night... Before:
244.JPG

Now:
252.JPG

253.JPG

254.JPG

I also removed the bumpers- saved 80 lbs. and cleaned up the lines a bit. Yeah, looks crappy now, but picture it with the holes filled and all one color.

I also gutted the dash completely. EVERYTHING is gone from inside it, 'cept for the speedo, which now reads up to 145 MPH instead of 100.

Before speedo:
245.JPG

Now:
255.JPG

256.JPG

And a few more shots:
257.JPG

259.JPG

Now, depsite being about 3" lower than stock, the camber is remarkably under control. Note the camera angle and how the line of the garge door is parallel to the top of the picture.
260.JPG

Two fingers tiiiite.
261.JPG

Now, some of you have asked how much room is in the engine bay, and I keep telling you that there's hardly any room. Well, here's a pic... the prybar is 24" long as a reference:
263.JPG

hell yeah!! so far so good man. how did you end up lowering it? you gonna shave anything off of it when you start doing body work? any thoughts of what you are gonna do engine wise??

that thing is going to be pimp-matic.

I'm not sure what that means, but when it's done, it's going to be the definition of pimp-matic.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Nov 16 2003, 04:51 PM
is that an All-Trac i see in the background???

Most likely: http://thenew.gamesbbs.com/~vassago/pictures/celica and http://thenew.gamesbbs.com/~vassago/pictures/neworegon

As for shaving 'n shit... nah. Other than filling the holes from where the bumpers bolted up and adding an airdamn to the front and cleaning that up a bit, I'm not going to shave anything. The chrome door handles, headlight garnish, and window trim adds character, I think.

Engine plans- I found a company that will produce forged pistons and rods to any spec- you just have to send them an OEM piston and rod- for $950, shipped. I'll also be adding a few block guards or staking the block. I'm going to leave it at 1237ccs, port the head, convert to fuel injection, fabricate an intake manifold, and boost it to around 15 PSI or so. I'd like to see 200 HP at the wheels. My goal with the car is to drive it on the street and beat up on Porsches and Ferraris during open track days.

How it was lowered... hehe... I'm not going to say, but think, no cost, not drivable, more ghetto than you'd expect from me.

Cut or compressed? :p

One of these days I'll post pictures of my friends race fiesta. Its sick, you'd love it if you like that beast.

80 lbs worth of bumper?!! dizzam! i didnt think that whole car weighed 80 lbs :p

hey i have a friend who has one of those and its in showroom condition. i might get some pics of it one of these days and post them up just so peeps can see what it might have look like if it were done.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Nov 16 2003, 05:19 PM
either cut springs or heated em

you should drop in a 1.5 zc for some more initial power ( my .02)

Negatory on the lowering method, and as for the D series... again... look at how small the engine bay is. If I dropped a D series in there, the front of the valve cover would be sticking out from under the front of the hood, and the header would stick out past where the bumper used to be. D series doesn't fit.

Again- I'll be using the original 1237cc EW3 engine and four speed manual tranny, built up, and boosted.

are you going to lower it the right way?

what color are you goin to paint it?

whats the total cost going to be?

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Nov 16 2003, 06:36 PM
are you going to lower it the right way?

what color are you goin to paint it?

whats the total cost going to be?

I'm going to lower it the right way, yes. Of course.

Color is going to be red because... the guy whom I got it from has a 4 year old daughter that was emotionally attached to the car. She cried seeing us put it on the dolly. I told her that I'll paint it whatever color she wanted and she said red. Red it is.

Total cost... dunno yet. Maybe around $6500- $7500 not including the car.

No, I'm not building up the tranny. Stock tranny rocks. 4.985 FD!

Somewhere, I'll see what I can do to post them. Unfortunately they are regular pics. I had that car before there were digicams. lol

Loco, did you say your building the tranny, or did I misunderstand? I was just interested in how your going to do it if you are.

Back