Most Power From An Itr?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicspeed

I am debating doing a swap for an B18C-R and I am curious as to what is needed to get the most power out of the engine while keeping it NA?

the motor is tip top from the factory. you could stroke/bore if you wanted and add high comp pistons, big cams, etc. it all depends on how much you wanna spend.

depending on what car it goes in with your basic mods like intake, header, exhuast your looking at a very fast car. next step would be like assassin said , cams, pistons. cam gears maybe and a vtec/fuel controller and some dyno time in a hatch i think you would be in the 12's with all that.

same thing you would do to any other engine...

add an intake. get a good head package ... rev it to 10K with some wild ass cams.
you can do anything really.. its more a matter of what you want to spend.

i got an itr in my 00 civic hatch w/ minor work i pulled a12.63 on a tire. and i didnt even finish building my engine.

The engine is going into a 97 honda civic 2 door. Money isnt an issue ill just put what i can afford on as i can afford it. how much does it cost to stroke and bore an engine.

Originally posted by civicspeed@Feb 12 2003, 05:31 PM
The engine is going into a 97 honda civic 2 door. Money isnt an issue ill just put what i can afford on as i can afford it. how much does it cost to stroke and bore an engine.

If you do it right... meaning resleeve, bore, hone, new pistons, new crank, new rods, balance... probably $2500-3000.

just thow some cam gears, JIC exhaust, JDM ITR 4-1 header skunk2 shoftshifer, VAFC, tuning etc!

That would be an easy to do mod to make the already good car better!

Back