Motorcycle Helmets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i like icon helmets they seem to be the coolest and they aren't that expensive. if you are willing to pay 600 for a helmet go for an arai they are the best. Don't buy Shoei they cost too much and they fit really funny.

take your pick, they're all pretty damn good. Whichever one you get just make sure they are Snell and DOT approved, which they all are.
it all depends on how much you're willing to spend. Personally, i've gone through a few helmets. I've had AGV, Arai, HJC, and Shoei. I liked the Arai the best, it fit the best out of all of them, but it's up to you. Here are a few of the brands that i could think of.

Shoei
Arai
AGV
Bell
Nolan
Bieffe
HJC

Originally posted by yoshi@Jul 17 2003, 12:54 PM
i like icon helmets they seem to be the coolest and they aren't that expensive. if you are willing to pay 600 for a helmet go for an arai they are the best. Don't buy Shoei they cost too much and they fit really funny.

:werd: on the Shoei's fit. that's one thing i hated about them. it was given to me by the dealership i got my bike from so i took it.

Originally posted by yoshi@Jul 17 2003, 03:54 PM
what kind of bike do you have?

Dont have bike yet, i have been shopping around. This will be my first bike. I am looking at Gsx-R, R6, or CBR600. Hopefully within the next few weeks i will get it

i'm still just shoppin for mine too and i can't get one till i sell my damn car! you buyin a new bike or used?

p.s. wanna buy a car

i've always liked Honda bikes better than any other one. i've had a CBR600F2 and CBR600F3, loved both of them.

my vote goes to the CBR600 series as a started bike cuz it's a light and nimble bike but it's also got some balls. if you're looking for a new bike make sure you consider the CBR600RR as well, it's a sweet ride.

my next bike is gonna be a Duc. i've been riding since i was 11 so i think i'm ready for a serious bike and not just a crotch rocket any more.

good luck on finding the right bike for you.

Shoei are for funny shaped heads.. Arai (what I own) is just a great all around helmet, they fit very nicely, and look sweet, and have vents that ACTUALY WORK!!!!

PS I only payed $450 for my Arai.....I picked it to match my bike....

i think the votes are in and the ARAI is the preferred brand.

in case you didn't pick up on it, i voted Arai as well.
and the helmet only costs as much as you wanna spend. you can get an Arai helmet for about $300. trust us, it's worth a lot more than that.

Thanks a lot for the response, helped a lot. Aria it is. Any other equipment worth getting? e.g. gloves, body shit, etc...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 18 2003, 01:27 AM
I love my shoei.

it saved E in his crash- its good enough for me.

:werd:

ill never use anything else

Back