Msd Ignition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

I was wondering if anyone else has the MSD ignition in their car. I just got mine in and I can feel a difference! My friend tells me that too, when he was in the car he was like shit man I need one of these. I just put in the SCI, mod cap, blaster, bosch plat 4, and MSD wires. Most people say it was a waste of money but if I can feel it then it is $$$ well spent :D

If you're feeling a difference and you have a moderatly bulit engine or less then your ign system worn out and needed replacing. MSD unit's aren't a bad thing however they are not needed unless you have a serious motor

Originally posted by chevy302dz@Jun 15 2003, 01:23 AM
If you're feeling a difference and you have a moderatly bulit engine or less then your ign system worn out and needed replacing. MSD unit's aren't a bad thing however they are not needed unless you have a serious motor

:werd:
not to bust your bubble or anything either, but it was probably all psychological cuz you were expecting and/or wanting to feel a difference

unless your spark is not enough (doubtful) its a waste of cash

I personally have one on my street car, and one on the race car. Both for the sole purpose of a 2 step.
I am 99% sure it does'nt make any power. But nailing a 2 step on someone a stoplight that wants to race you, is freaking funny. SOOOO loud that they can't concentrate. B)

yea i don't really think it gave you a big ass boost in horsepower, chevy302dz is probably right, you just needed to change your distributor cap and all the rest of your ignition parts.

Back