Msd Sci Ignition Conversion Pictures

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stackz

just figured I'd share some pictures of my msd sci ignition swap...it wasn't that hard except for having to drill two small holes in the bottom of the msd cap for the coil feed wires (the distributor is a sealed unit and I used hot glue to reseal once I fed the wires inside...)

I like it a lot especially in this cold ass weather...the bigger plug gap and hotter spark really help the cold cranking in 5 degree weather heh...plus I'm getting an extra 5 mpg now :eek:

s3e29b6c3686d4.jpg

s3e29b6dd96d10.jpg

-stackz

eh, I figure why let them go to waste haha :p

at least I don't have them on my fenders or in the windows...just under the hood where they belong :rolleyes:

"but ya that is phat ain't it y0!"

-stackz

why did you choose the sci type vs. the 6-al

that's the only difference ?? damn he paid more for it just to be silver.

does the sci have a rev limiter like the 6-al ??

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jan 19 2003, 09:15 PM
that's the only difference ?? damn he paid more for it just to be silver.

does the sci have a rev limiter like the 6-al ??

The SCI-L does, but he has the regular one. Yeah he paid more just for the silver case

actually no I didn't...I got both the ignition and the blaster ss coil as a set used off eBay for $90 for the pair and they both look and work like new so I think I got a bitchin deal :rolleyes:

other than that...yes, I was going to do the 6-al unit...

-stackz

plus how can you say the sci unit is more expensive...summit catalog has the sci new for $130 and the 6a unit is $149

even though mine wasn't new heh

??

-stackz

Originally posted by stackz@Jan 20 2003, 05:44 PM
plus how can you say the sci unit is more expensive...summit catalog has the sci new for $130 and the 6a unit is $149

even though mine wasn't new heh

??

-stackz

Coorect, but I was askin about hte msd 6-al which is $195.99 (about $46 more than a 6a and well worth it for the rev limiter) and an equivlent msd-sci w/ rev limiter is $249.99 right outta the jegs catalog
oh and that $130 price for a new msd-sci in the summit catalog if it's for real is a steal casue in jegs it's $179.99.

so lets recap

MSD-6A = $149.99
MSD-SCI = $179.99

MSD-6AL = $195.99
MSD SCI-L = $249.99

So I stand corrected that the msd-sci units just cost more for the color.

Back