Muffler?

Muffler?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a good deal on custom exhaust finally, but should I add a muffler on there with it? its for a 89 CRX, im running 2 1/4" pipe all the way back. should i get a performance muffler on it? and if so... what kind should i get? i need alot of opinions thats why this is under anything goes.... does a muffler make it sound worse or better?? I have a DOHC ZC motor in my garage im installing... with 130Hp, i got Skunk2 cams, ported head, ported intake manifold, Intake on it right now. so this is not a riceburner. All im wanting to know is should I have the muffler on or not?
thanks

so basicly the question is muffler or straight pipe?
is this going to be an all motor or turbo setup?
if its turbo'd you wont really need a muffler on there but if its all motor its gunna be loud as fuck with no muffler

I voted yes to the muffler, because I had a 91 HB with 2 1/2 pipe ran all the way back to a Touring muffler, and it was still VERY loud....either way it will be loud, but I would slap a mufler on there so you can show the cops when they pull you over because your car sounds like its farting....

well no matter if you have a "performance" muffler, its still gonna be loud as the EF chassis Civics have crappy insulation in the ass end to keep the noise level down. only way to keep it quiet is to have a stock exhaust on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back