music fans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quicksi

What concert was the best you've seen in the last year? How about the best show ever?

Best concert I have been to this year had to be Audioslave in a club of about 150 people.

Best ever is REALLY tough. I have seen so many good shows over the years.

Pearl Jam
Audioslave
Tool
Rage against the Machine
Stone Temple Pilots
Nirvana
green day
Metallica
Alice in Chains

I would have to say its a toss up between Tool, Rage, and Pearl Jam

Just saw AFI last night, might have been the best show ever. Although Tool puts on some great shows too.

Going to the concert in Austin that a radio is putting on. Only $25 for Ying Yang Twins, Young Bloodz, Young Gunz, Bubba Sparxxx, some other people, and announcing more. First major concert that I will go to, should be a good one, especially for the price.

damn this is tough

if your keeping it to the last year than the best show I saw was
Phish at the Hampton's Coliseum Hampton, Virginia 1/2-3/03
a very amazing concert.
This could change as I'm going to be seeing Phish at Nassau Coliseum 11/28/03

Now Best concert ever has to be New York Run (4 nights of phish)
10/7-8/99 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, Long Island, NY
10/9-10/99 Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY

then
Tool/Fantomas and Thomahawk (saw tool twice )
Roger Waters
Phil Lesh and Friends
Cold Play
Phish ,Camp Oswego, 7/16-20/99 (a great camping weekend festival)

I've been to one concert. Summer Sanitarium, Columbus Ohio July 19th 2003. IT was fuckin awesome! :)

saw zakk wylde in a small club... he blew the damned roof off of the place.....

couldn't hear for almost 2 weeks

Best show in the last year has to go hands down to KMFDM's WWIII tour
I saw them at First Ave in Minneapolis.
I can't think of many bands/groups that have been around for 20 years that are still making as good of music as KMFDM and putting on live shows that last for 2 hours and never lack for intensity

KMFDM = Godlike

Best show ever.... again this is really tough
best show by Genre

Alternative - Sonic Youth at the Minneapolis Sculpture Gardens

Hip Hop (and not the bull shit radio crap or the thugin iced out shit [$0.50 is not Hip Hop])
- The Roots OK Playa tour [featured Dead Prez]
The Roots are one of the best live acts in music today

Industrial/Rock/Metal - NIN Fragility tour [just F'n amazing]

Punk - Flogging Molly were really good live, but I don't go to a lot of punk shows

Electronic - Chemical Brothers tour about 4 years ago

i havent been to a concert in a few years, but one of my faves was Kid Rock. there was some straight up pimpin going on in that mutha. he rocked the Roanoke Civic Center (in Roanoke, Virginia). bitches getting freaky with each other in cages and Kid Rock just tore the roof off!! was great!! too bad Joe C wasnt there :(

tatoo the earth tour in milwaukee, wi with slayer, slipknot, sevendust and countless others. my ears rang for shit you not, :D 3 days. i guess thats what being up against the front railing during slayer and slipknot will do to ya

Originally posted by Blanco@Oct 31 2003, 04:07 PM

And best of all time was TOOL last Nov. at Arco Arena in Sacramento, Cali. It was the third show of that tour, so they were still hella' pumped and energized. The stage show was unbelievable.

man, i was at that show and it was seriously the best ive ever been to. It kind of wierded my girlfriend out though. The only thing that pissed me off (aside from their crappy opening band, tricky) were the idiots who were throwing their shoes at maynard.

Rock - Seven Mary Three, Cold, and Our Lady Peace
Punk - MxPx, AFI, Face To Face

setting: The Chance, Poughkeepise NY
capacity: 150-200
bands-
local AIC cover- Facelift
Godsmack, before they were signed or had an album out.

Best show i've ever seen, hands down. late 1998 i think is when this went down... my fresh year at college...

met godsmack, Tony signed my CD that i bought THERE as it wasn't out yet.... helped sully load his bongos onto the tour bus.... they didn't have roadies yet. bad ass show man..... bad ass....

best show i've ever seen was Dream Theater last year in houston...

i saw the Blue Man Group a couplea months ago, and they were almost as awesome as Dream Theater, but DT still rules.

in December i'm going to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra...i think they might blow Dream Theater away...

some of my other favorites:

Paul McCartney
Alien Ant Farm
Weird Al Yankovic
Sum 41
Prophecy
Joe Satriani
King's X
Pantera

yupyup...a very wide variety

best concert this year was Cold @ the CT expo center (great show and i got to meet amd talk to Scooter after :) )

best concert ever id have to say was Slipknot @ the HTFD civic center (just an insane fuckin show)

other great concerts
Cold @ webster
Nonpoint/Papa Roach @ webster
Adema/Cold/Staind @ expo center
Sevendust @ webster

i definatly prefer smaller venue shows.... seems to be a much better connection with the audience... and more energy from the bands

still need to see Tool :worthy:

Ian Anderson (Floutist / lead - Jethro Tull) will be in Connecticut on November 9th, and I WILL be going. You should come to that with me, Air

-> Steve

Dave Mathews Band is by far the best concerts! Got to go when they perform outside though!!

Back