my build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crush bending is exactly what is sounds like.

The pipe is bent using only force really. Take a pipe, bent it by hand. Notice how you get a crease in it, or stress marks on the pipe, you pretty much lose the purpose of the cage if it is bent like this. It would not hold up as well as a properly done cage.

Go to you local auto part store and check out their exhaust pipes, most of the cheap piping is done like that instead of mandrels.

One more thing, the 8 valve engine doesn't breathe as well because of the head. If you still have the old engine, a mini me swap would get a lot more power.

I'm not sure but isnt the CX/HF engines higher compression than the most of the other D series. Someone check me on that.

Last edited:
idk how the cage was bent ill check that out and let you know tho and im going to be buying a jdm d15b vtec and im not sure what head im going to be putting on it but that is all that im going to tell you guys for now my other motor setup will have to be a suprise lol

well the wastegate is in so i hope that it will fix my exhaust problem but a few questions should i run the dump tube in to the exhaust or just leave it open and what about the hole on the top of the wastegate i dont have a boost controller at the moment so should i just leave it open

Back