My Fiancee's new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The car has 68k on it. One previous owner. Definately hasn't been beaten, raced or anything. Car is def. in immaculate condition. She paid a tad over 17k for it. BB is about 18500 so we got a good deal.

The car is FWD, although I do wish it was AWD, but it doesnt matter. She's the one that drives it most, I'll just take it to AutoX or to LVD once in a while. We bought an extended warranty so we aren't worried about anything going anytime soon...and if it does...it does. The prelude was no worse in repair costs. I tallied up all the maint. work I did to the prelude and it would have been well over 4g's at the dealer...its nice doing my own work.

As far as working on it...it appears to be ALOT better than the prelude, SO much more room to get around in. I am not concerned about reliability, SAAB has been known for their reliability, and if it breaks, it breaks, I'll fix it and move on...

Steve: The turbo on the Viggen is a little larger than normal 9-3's, the ECU definately does control the boost, however, that is going to be taken care of very shortly...Home Depot Run...haha, it definately does spool very fast, which is nice, but its linear. The key is still in the center console, its a whole different world there...car has to be in reverse to take the key out...so weird..haha

Loco: The Viggen isnt like other Saab's, its sole purpose was to appeal to the "enthusiast" A stiffer suspension, large wheels, more HP, better struts and GREAT brakes. This car is a BLAST to drive...this car puts my old Si to shame, in both speed and handling. FOr a Turbo FWD vehicle I am VERY surprised at how well this vehicle drives and performs on the curves...

Altough we don't have any 'plans' for the car, I'd like to do some work on it, a boost controller is definately in the mix as well as a filter and possibly a new downpipe, of course a larger front mount would be nice too but thats besides the point :)

Thanks for all the compliments...I'll get some more pics (engine and interior) when I see the car next...

so what is the fate of the lude? did it sell? trade in? and how come you don't answer my bleep.... AGAIN. lol

THe lude was traded in...I was going to keep it, but said F' it...if I want a toy, I'll go buy my cobra kit...haha

As far as the bleep...I was at work...send it as an alert so it'll vibe... :D

Steve, I know the Viggen is more a drivers car than my mom's 9-3 Linear wagon, but I've never driven a Viggen, so I can't speak about it. As for the boost controller... I haven't looked into it because my mom's car doesn't really stir my soul, but I'm going to guess that a Home Depot MBC will make the ECU throw a code or three. I only say this because of just how much control is given to the ECU regarding boost pressure. In my mom's car, I've seen the boost gauge at zero in situations where I *KNOW* it should be fully spooled otherwise. That having been said, if the ECU thinks it's giving the engine zero boost, but is seeing 12 PSI or whatever these things put out, you may run lean or throw a code. Go read up on them on Saab boards before you do anything to it...

oh yeah, of course I will. I just havent had any fkn time to do anything lately with work. THis is the first time I've been on hondaswap at work since my new position...

UGH

haha

I thought about this a lot for the past few days. Well, just for a whole two seconds. The thought that popped in my mind is that the turbo cars we're used to working on are OBD1 and lower. Maybe a few early OBDII... Anyway, the '00+ European turbo cars can't easily be MBC'd, and every tuner that does them always has ECU chipping as their way to get more boost; you never see them selling an MBC, or any BC for that matter. Soo... Steve, if you plan on upping the boost, plan on doing the whole thing at once- exhaust, intake, chip, bla bla bla.

yeah- oem boosted cars have, well, boosted fuel maps. and they usually stop at the top boost factory setting. if you go above that, you're off the fuel map

Back