My Head Hurts..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sal Barley

Hello, I'm new here and I'm looking for some info. Lots of info digested today in the world of swaps. It's kind of confusing. What place out of many that has exactly what I want? Basic facts... Need new motor, SOHC doesn't cut it. I have a 91' CRX Si. I found a place w/ what I think I want.

Here's the specs and what comes w/ the engine. B16A SiR motor w/ tranny, ecu (non-obd programming and wiring) SiR shift linkage, Sir shifter, axleshafts, halfshaft, uncut SiR wiring harness, Sir engine mounts. The place says it semi-direct bolts to 88-91 civics, I assume that that covers the CRX too?

Main questions, Will the axleshafts that come w/ the motor fit in the CRX? Also the shift linkage? The main thing is the engine mounts, do I need to spend the 300-400 bucks to get modified engine mounts to make it "drop in" or is there something else I can do?

The car is in mint shape but the engine has 240,000 miles on it and the ol'lady learning how to drive stick shift on it didn't help. I know all the quality parts are worth it, but is it easier to buy the engine/tranny/ecu combo then pick up axles,shift linkage and motor mounts easier because I know I'm getting the right parts to do the job? Anybody know of anywhere that is the "so you want to put a B16 series VTECH in your 91' CRX Si huh?" I literally have been hitting sites for the last four hours that contradict what the other says.

The website that has what I think i need is called Hybrid Automotive they got all the stuff mentioned for 1350.00 and a place locally will do the install for 1000.00 labor. I really want to upgrade to get that Vtech feeling.....BUT..the drop in ZC? that right/? motor is alot cheaper w/ 30 less HP. I'm just psyching myself to spend the loot. Thank you for any helpful answers/advice that you can give, this by far seems to be the best place for Q/A work.

Nate :blink:

Write a frigin love letter why don't you? Just fuckin with you. Welcome. Yea, go with the B16A1. The stock motor mounts from the B16 will work, you don't need a hasport kit or anything like that. Shift linkage and axles, etc, it'll all work.
ZC is a good motor, but go with a B Series. Parts are easier to find, and you get two cams.
The most important thing in motor purchase is where the hell it's comin from. I've never heard of Hybrid Automotive. Most distributors come with a 30 day or more start up warranty which is a good thing.
P.S. Vtech is a phone
VTEC is Honda Technology

Originally posted by TRuggiero_ Posted on Mar 25 2003@ 10:52 PM
The stock motor mounts from the B16 will work, you don't need a hasport kit or anything like that. Shift linkage

Yes,he will need the mounts,modified shiftlinkage to get it in a US crx.

Hello.HAsport sells everything you need to make it a painless swap,including a subharness to make the wiring a breeze.You will be able to use the axles that come with the swap including the halfshaft.You should shop around before buying from the first place you look,IMO these are some of the better places on the net for ordering motors

Hmotorsonline
Import Auto Salvage
Hybrid Revolution
Password JDM

Yea, thats what I meant, the linkage from the B16 will work but you will have to modify it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Mar 25 2003, 04:56 PM-->
TRuggiero_ Posted on Mar 25 2003
@ 10:52 PM
The stock motor mounts from the B16 will work, you don't need a hasport kit or anything like that. Shift linkage

Yes,he will need the mounts,modified shiftlinkage to get it in a US crx.

Hello.HAsport sells everything you need to make it a painless swap,including a subharness to make the wiring a breeze.You will be able to use the axles that come with the swap including the halfshaft.You should shop around before buying from the first place you look,IMO these are some of the better places on the net for ordering motors

Hmotorsonline
Import Auto Salvage
Hybrid Revolutions
Password JDM

no "S"

hybridrevolution.com

Hey, Thanks for the info! I'm gonna look around for places that might have the custom mounts/ linkage that a re good quality but not 450$ worth like Hasport. They definately look like the best but I found somewhere called HCP Engeneering that do 3 pc. mount kits and shift linkage for 400$ for both. Thanks again now to find a motor. Damn, quick question, if I just wanted the motor, tranny, ecu and then pick up the axles from somewhere else could any body reccomend a place that sells the modded axles or more correctly, what kind of car w/ the B16A in it should I look for if I just wanted to buy them from NAPA or Honda? Thanks again.

Nate

If were you I would search around to see if you could find a set that someone is selling from a abandonded project or something.There is a level of quality that you'll be missing from the cheaper systems,but it's your project.
As for the axles,you can get axles from a parts dealer,like Honda,Pep boys,Autozone,or whatever,look for 90-93 Integra axles.My suggestion would also be to look around on this and other forums to find some from someone that doesn't need them.Or you could give The Driveshaft shop or Raxles a call,they both sell custom axles specifically for swaps.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol Posted on Mar 26 2003@ 07:55 AM
no "S"

:thumbsup:

Back