***my Mini Me Swap Wont Start***i Need Help***

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just did a mini me head swap on my d15b7 with a d16y8 head and it wont start. it turns over and acts like it want to start but then dies. the cam gear is lined up with the timing gear on the crank and the plug wires are on right but it wont start. what could be wrong? my hayens manuel says to make shure that the intake is grounded and that if it's not that it can make it not start and make it seem like somthing else is wrong. where is the ground? is it the bracket on the bottom of the intake? i couldnt hook the bolts up to the bottom of the intake because the head moved the intake. and would a brocken intake gasket couse it not to start? it's getting gas, but i havnt checked for spark, but it started one time and ren for 2-3 seconds and then died but it was ideling REALY rough. so i think it's getting spark, it acts as if it has a bad distributer. what else could be wrong? I NEED HELP A.S.A.P. :(

you could be several things.first of all make sure the red ground wire in the front of the car (grounded on the core support on the driver side) is getting a good connection.. make sure your valves are adjusted correctly.. make sure all the seals are on.. and check your distributor

I am a newbie with hondas, I have worked on bugs and bigblocks. i recently bought a 92 CX HB and plan on doing a mini me swap. I am wondering how hard will this hit my wallet?

listen yes dist is important . but however check your ia valve also wiring maybe a little diffrent. i had the same prob went fom d16y7 to d16y8 and had real rough idle as well but hey i played with ia valve in intake and wallaw !!! idles well. hope to help you and check wiring diagram on haynes manual.
peace man
jeff

Originally posted by frawl420@Feb 17 2003, 05:40 AM
I am a newbie with hondas, I have worked on bugs and bigblocks. i recently bought a 92 CX HB and plan on doing a mini me swap. I am wondering how hard will this hit my wallet?

Start your own thread.

Blackdelsol,look into the distributor problem.If your engine wasn't grounded right if wouldn't turn over.

Allrite i just did a mini me and i had the problem too, but then i realized, it was bad ignition timing. The ditributer has to be highly modified so take the bolts off and clamp your destributer to the head and start moving it until you find the spot where it will start, then use a timing light from there to find the perfect spot for it, i will try to take pics tommarrow where i had to modifie my distributer to run good, You have to cut out 1 hole on the top and the lowere closest one to radiator you have to drill out some.

Back