my new B16 turbo setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just got home from cecil county dragway. i was pleasantly suprised with the hatchy's performance and pretty impressed with its top end pull. on the first run, there was bad wheel hop in 1st gear and the shifter popped out of gear, so i only managed to pull 16.04. after that, everything went super smooth. my best time was 14.774 @ 93.37, but i was running 14.9xx @93-94mph consistently(5 runs total). taking into consideration my car being a bone-stock b16 with no tach, 13in cookie cutter tires(175s i think) and the stock exhaust with the cat, i'm pretty excited.

on a side note, yesterday i ordered the etd traction bar, and the rest of the boost kit. i plan to be back at the track by mid-september with 250+ whp, hopefully dropping 1.5sec or more off my et. ill keep it updated;)

on a side-side note, my homeboy philly ran his single stick(y8) coupe w/ full interior at 15.50--pretty impressive for an na, stock bottom-ended single cam, if you ask me

Last edited:
sadly, i had to cut the project short. sold her tonite to a guy in toms river, nj for $5000. i didnt want to do it, but im moving at the end of the week to hilton head, sc and i didnt want to have to drive it all the way there, nor would i want to have such a non-practical car as a dd. also, i still needed to spend at least $2000 more to get it where i wanted it to be(obd-1 conversion, hondata, dyno sessions, rims+tires, custom work to properly fit a boost kit under the hood of an ef;)). all is not lost however as i still have the turbo kit, and will be starting a turbo build thread with whatever i buy the day after i buy it:D.(probably another eg:)). wish me luck!!

Man, that's a short story for that ef eh? :D Great owrk tho, nice to see someone who is actually motivated to do this kind of thing, Also the weather looks very nice in delaware.. *jealousy* :D
Good luck with your next project man!

Back