My new car (Thread now, pics later)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Someone has offered me to trade their 77 Camaro, plus some cash, for my Vega body. should I bite ?

the Camaro has no engine, but is supposedly pretty good condition.

whoa whoa whoa guys calm down. it obviously is desirable Celebrity bought it. Who cares who values what car more or less. If I cared about value I wouldn't have bought my Trans Am.the buy itself is worth the money I paid on it, but my plans for it will make it literally invaluable to any person besides me. The point to customizing a car is to customize it the way YOU want it. Not the way some other person wants it. Hey good buy Celebrity rock that shit to the fullest. and laugh at the people when you make it sick.

77 camaro's blow. I wouldn't be caught dead owning one.

Celebrity

Celerity. But thanks for the compliment. The Vega is still mine, but I took the engine and trans out, and will be building a rat rod around it. The Vega itself is nice, but it's at a tipping point in value. As far as it's value to me, it would be nice - but I would prefer the Rat Rod project.

The Camaro is something I would get to throw another crate motor in. If it's a Bill Mitchell Camaro, then SCORE. And from Virginia, it's quite possible that it is.

I would still stick with the vega. camaros have been done over a million times there is literally nothing you can do to a camaro that hasn't done before. I have even seen one lifted with 33" super swamper tires on it. Now the vega has been done a lot too, but not many people mod a 1976 4 banger. I say push that thing to the brink of explosion then push some more. when you blow the motor that is when you should drop a different motor in.

I say push that thing to the brink of explosion then push some more. when you blow the motor that is when you should drop a different motor in.

I just spent 4 fucking pages talking about this, and I thought by your post that you "got it".

The car is nothing. The ENGINE is why I bought it !

i mean its a vega...who really wants a vega unless it says cosworth on the engine?

This is it.

Attachments

• maro2b.jpg
    maro2b.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 197
Looks like the late 70's threw up all over that thing. The body looks okay, but repaint the thing before you drive it.

Back