My new GS-R has a problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Ok so it started raining today and i whent to go drive off and the car wouldint start. The normal dash lights that come on when you start the car flickerd then there was no power at all, if you give it a few seconds it like resets it self and thres power again but still it starts the shit all over. any ideas this really sucks its raining and i was going to get food.

Im stumped and dont have any manuals yet to trouble shoot

lol i didint even touch battery terminals cause i was just like (in my head) "there aint no fuckin way, it started the last three days theres no fuckin way" so i didnt even see if they were loose. my friend comes over grabs one and twists it a lil......it started :p

That happens. I'd suggest cleaning the terminals real good with a terminal cleaner and using some vaseline on there when you slide the coupler over the post.

no i mean if keeps doing that it could be your starter acting up. that happened to me . my car would go dead and then i would tap the starter and bam it would start. but you say it new so nevamind.

no i ment its a new used car! And i know what you mean about the starter, that would be a bad solanoid (you got bang um with a hamer to get um loose then they work) but im talking about the cars power would die, see i have a RED light the was for an alarm that would saty on and i saw it was off, then i was like wtf and tryed the lights and then after a few like 60 seconds they would be back on but if i tryed to start is it would go out again.

Just for FYI since i'm bored. But did you know when it rains, the humidity is very high and the moisture creates a higher voltage drop which was the whole problem.

haha Jeff how the hell did I know that this was going to be your thread when I read the topic on the main page, hey did you post any details or pics up anywhere, and now are we gonna have to hit the track up sometime soon??

Back