My new new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thsancho86

My new car

So after getting everything ready I picked up my new car last week. Its a 84 RX-7 GSL that was a basically gifted to me from my step dad because he wanted more room at their new house for their boat trailer and other cars. I had been wanting it for years and had been saving up for a while for a project of some sort and now that one. No real big plans for it, I'm just going to keep it stock, maybe except for some suspension changes but nothing major.
IMGP3185.jpg

IMGP3190.jpg

IMGP3201.jpg

IMGP3189.jpg

IMGP3210.jpg

IMGP3209.jpg

IMGP3211.jpg

I've already started to fix the little bit of rust that was on it, then I'll worry about cleaning this mess up
IMGP3202.jpg

IMGP3200.jpg

and eventually get this ding out of it.
Thoughts and comments welcome.

Last edited:
Nice car, the interior looks like it's in really good shape too.

nice man. welcome to the rotary world! i own an 83 rx7 gsl.
they are a blast to drive. i got a question tho, could u start the car the first time u cranked it?
haha:p

lol yeah I could, had to choke it though. In winter it will be hell to start though. Yeah they handle great and are a blast, there is nothing like leaving dual black marks in a rear wheel drive.

Haha, hey at the time it was top of the line...24years ago :D. Its gonna stay in there to keep it all looking the same though.

I've only driven this one and a FD which was fast as hell. This one has around 141k on it so it only get babied around except for the occasional push but when it does pop I'm going to pull it and replace it with one of these Rx7 World.

nice little car, one of my friends had the next gen up and that was a fun little car, he ended up blowing it up and trading it for a del sol.

I can tell you're young, this seems to be your first RWD car, I don't want to seem like your daddy. But you should definitely not over estimate your driving skills. The car is forgiving but not THAT forgiving where you'll catch every slide. All I'm saying is be careful.

Oh, congrats on the car!! :D

Actually he could call your daddy if he swings your way.

Nice car, I have always liked those.

nice little car, one of my friends had the next gen up and that was a fun little car, he ended up blowing it up and trading it for a del sol.

I can tell you're young, this seems to be your first RWD car, I don't want to seem like your daddy. But you should definitely not over estimate your driving skills. The car is forgiving but not THAT forgiving where you'll catch every slide. All I'm saying is be careful.

Oh, congrats on the car!! :D

Thanks, but yeah they really aren't that forgiving, I've read about people removing the rear sway bar to lessen the snap oversteer. Thanks for the advice but I don't overestimate myself, in fact I tend to stay on the more cautious side. I just kick the back out every once in a while from a stop, nothing like trying to drift or anything. I have been to the Panoz racing school down at Road Atlanta (I think mazda has taken it over now thought) for the day long class so i have had some serious practice. Sometime I want to go back for the program that takes up an entire weekend.

Thanks, the interior is perfect but the outside is in need of new paint, silver doesn't fair well after a while.

Back