My speedometer is stuck in one place. It does not move at all. B18b1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im waiting for my catalytic converter to come in then i will get the exhaust pipes extended so it will fit properly then i will be searching for my ecu. I already have a pair of o2 sensors waiting to be installed after the piping is done

You should only need 1, before the cat, to match your obd1 ecu.

so my exhaust is together and i went to full throttle nyc for my ecu and they said i need to get an obd2 for a 1996 so i can pass inpection in New York, They also stated that when I get that ecu then I probably have to get the correct sensors, since the ecu might ask for different sensors. PLEASE HELP!!
I dont know what ecu to buy. I have a 1996 Honda Civic EX, with a b18b1 swap, and I have a P28 Ecu currently connected. Please help . thank you

My ECU came in and I installed it. The revs have calmed down and stays at 1000 rpms which is good .The revs used to bounce over and under 1G rpms.
The Check engine light codes that it has now are (41) and (54) ,
41-Primary Oxygen Sensor Heater
54- Crank Fluctuation Sensor
Any suggestions as to how I should approach these.
Also, My Speedometer is not moving at all should I buy a new speedometer?

Attachments

• 10729112_873897225954305_1880058807_n.jpg
    10729112_873897225954305_1880058807_n.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 238
Speed sensor hooked up to trans? If so...check wiring all the way to the cluster.

O2 hooked up and installed?

Check plug and wiring on the crank sensor.

il check when i am free, is the crank sensor by all the belts?
I am unsure where everything is.
But I do know that the speed sensor is connected and I know where it is.
Either way. I have to search under the car. I will post pictures of what I find.

I believe the crank sensors are all over by the distributor / in the distributor

Last edited:
B may be correct. My memory is fuzzy and I was too lazy to look it up. I thought it was kind of low and near the crank pulley.

I was taking a look in my engine bay and took some pictures of wires I saw plugged and unplugged. I also numbered the pictures on the bottom right of the photo so if some one knows what the specific wire is for they can state the Picture they are looking at. Some are taken by the distributor, behind the intake, and infront of the headers. Thanks guys. If you know what each wire is and does please write it.
Eight.jpg
Seven.jpg
Six.jpg
Five.jpg
Four.jpg
Three.jpg
Two.jpg
One.jpg

Ive been looking around and I am getting confused with all these answers on other peoples forums. since i now have a obd2a ecu it is giving me a crank fluctuation sensor. is it the same as a crank position sensor . I am just confused. and dont know where the crank fluctuation sensor is exactly.

Heres a recent update on my speedometer please watch the video till the end.
I recently wiggled the wiring behind the speedometer and now it works sometimes after playing with it. What could be wrong now? The speed sensor or the wiring?

Back