N1 Crank Pully

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

A buddy of mine just got one n lots of ppl have been tellin him they r bad news.... What do u guys think of them... Worth gettin or no..?Will they mess up the motor ?
Some one said it messed up there Oil Pump.. Get back to me on this guys thanx

actually, one of my friend's has it on his B20VTEC and he's been running strong for almost a year. It's not as fast as it used to be so I'm not sure if it's from the pulley causing slowly but surely damage or if it's just the beatings the motor takes every weekend due to racing. IMO, I wouldn't get one.

its an oem part so i believe its possibly te best option you have.

lots of people had problems with it on H-T(shattered oil pump do to no sort of damping). even though its a OEM part, its desigend mainly for racing, and as we know racing engines get rebuilt alot.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Jun 8 2005, 09:59 PM
[post=509887]Quoted post[/post]​

No it is not. Read up. The N1 pully was designed when honda had factory backed N1 cars. When you bought a CTR in japan, it DID NOT have an N1 pully on it. The N1 pully was designed for N1 endro races. With these races, these engines get rebuilt at least once a season. they are not designed to reach 300,000 miles. They lack do not have a harmonic dampner. This causes small vibrations that would otherwise be dampen now get delivered to the engine. This causes things like bearing to go very soon. Yea some people do get by with them just fine, but do they drive 20k a year. Who gives a fuck if someone gets 4 years use out of one but only have 8k miles on it.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jun 9 2005, 02:21 PM-->
brian11to1
@Jun 8 2005, 09:59 PM
[post=509887]Quoted post[/post]​

No it is not. Read up. The N1 pully was designed when honda had factory backed N1 cars. When you bought a CTR in japan, it DID NOT have an N1 pully on it. The N1 pully was designed for N1 endro races. With these races, these engines get rebuilt at least once a season. they are not designed to reach 300,000 miles. They lack do not have a harmonic dampner. This causes small vibrations that would otherwise be dampen now get delivered to the engine. This causes things like bearing to go very soon. Yea some people do get by with them just fine, but do they drive 20k a year. Who gives a fuck if someone gets 4 years use out of one but only have 8k miles on it.
[post=510269]Quoted post[/post]​

i never said they came standard on any vehicle. but their design was in fact backed by honda, no? therefore oe equipment, imo.

In Japan, I believe either Spoon or Mugen parts are 'factory backed' by Honda. Does this make them OE Equipment? No. OE Equipment CAME on a car ORIGINALLY.

uhm is/was spoon and/or mugen backed by honda? imo anything backed by a manufacture makes it OE. if someone aside from Wil wants to prove me wrong, ill accept it and move on. Until then, this is where I stand.

oops, my bad. the almighty car god has spoken.

Back