Need a drop on my lude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Im planning to do about a 2" drop on my prelude. I need to know what i NEED to buy to get this done. I am looking for a smooth ride and I wouldnt be racing or anything.

I did a search and some people said springs, some people said coilovers, and some people said shocks. I dont know what the hell i am doing, but if its in my chilton's manual, i can do it. Also any recomendations on who i should go with would be appreciated.

A drop of 2 inches on stock suspension will cause your car to be EXTERMLY bouncy and will eventually blow your stock shocks. If your not looking for anything that stiff, all you need is some springs and a set of shocks. I recommend some Eibach springs and kyb shocks. That will give you a lower stance without stiffing up the ride too much

by springs, you mean springs and not coilovers, right?

oh and the kyb shocks...whats the difference between GR-2 and AGX?

This is the car the shocks are going on:

1399158151181390340im1main565x.jpg

You think 1.5/1.7 (eiback sportline) will be enough to get the car down to a comfortable level

Yes, by springs he means not-coilovers. The AGX shocks are adjustable, so you can make them stiffer for the track or more forgiving on the street. If you won't be racing, the AGX's would be a waste of money. If all you want is a safe drop, get some Eibach Sportlines and KYB GR2s.

Back