Need A Favor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
hey I've recently done a DNS transfer for my works web site.
was wondering if any of you fools wanna run a tracert or ping the address www.smdsensors.com and let me know what IP addy it resolves to.
I've done it and it still resolves to our old servers IP , I'm just trying to see how far along the transfer is.
thanks in advance
Dennis

dennis-

it takes up to 24 hours for the dns to rest.

what happens is that the dns needs to be broadcasted to EVERY router in the world. it takes time. it may work for you right away, me may take a couple hours longer and so on.

just an FYI.

and tell fred/bob i'm working on the site right now... :/ progress isn't going as fast as i'd like. but i should have something to show them tomorrow at least.

all i could muster from my firewall ridden work pc

NS.SHERPA-LLC.COM 216.121.102.210
NS2.SHERPA-LLC.COM 209.182.53.139

Speaking of that name, It makes me shiver he is home hosting sites

hope there isnt a fire!

B. I know it can take up to 72hrs. was just wondering how fast it's propagating (sp?) around the world.
S. yeah I get the same info on the whois as well. SNET our ISP takes forever to even think about updating there dns servers

the IP it should resolve to is 65.61.157.213 (which I found out is owned by rackspace.com) a place just like pair.
not exactly sure were those two sherpa-llc dns servers reside tho.

thanks a bunch guys

I tried pinging it and getting the DNS from it, all i kept getting was "Uknown Host". I get that from pinging it and from running it through Visual Route. Then again, i'm not a computer geek, I just know some things.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jan 30 2003, 03:39 PM
B. I know it can take up to 72hrs. was just wondering how fast it's propagating (sp?) around the world.

This is the general rule I follow...

Back