Need Help with B16 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondamidnighter

I just swapped a B16 into my del sol....although it was a bitch for the shift linkage...but anyways...the car sounds smooth....but the car when I take for test driving the car hesitates to just get it going...My swap is a JDM B16 w/ a PR3 JDM ECU...Everything is connected...k/s, v/s, so it doesn't throw a code....also I checked every cylinder for spark but the spark is very strong...Also when the engine is cold all the cylinders make a difference when i take off the spark plug wires...but when it heats up, cylinder number 3, when I take off the spark wire off, the engine doesn't make a difference. What could that Be..???My problem sounds similar of the guy who was paying 50 bucks for an answer....Could anybody help plz... :worthy:

Well I just found out the problem guys....it was the knock sensor plug..it was not pushed all the way in...lol...But it still feels kind of slugish....cuould it be the stock del sol cat...its from a d series..???

Quoted post[/post]]
Well I just found out the problem guys....it was the knock sensor plug..it was not pushed all the way in...lol...But it still feels kind of slugish....cuould it be the stock del sol cat...its from a d series..???
I am a little confused. Is your del sol OBD 0? I thought the PR3 was OBD 0. My B16A uses a P30.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I am a little confused. Is your del sol OBD 0? I thought the PR3 was OBD 0. My B16A uses a P30.

My ECU is JDM PR3....I think i kinda sucks...cuz VTEC doesn't kick in until 6k rpm...but its a PR3...cuz P30 are USDM ECU...But what kind of size of exhaust would be good for my B16A???

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

My ECU is JDM PR3....I think i kinda sucks...cuz VTEC doesn't kick in until 6k rpm...but its a PR3...cuz P30 are USDM ECU...But what kind of size of exhaust would be good for my B16A???

Our JDM B16A is using a P30 ECU just like Fritz. I just changed the cat and exhaust system in March and went with a Magnaflow high flow cat and and Apexi WS II exhaust system. I believe Apexi piping is 60mm (2.25"?).

Back