need ideas on how to buildup 13sec HB w/ LS motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ladybug_legend

I just bought a "93 civic hatchback and just put in a '95 LS motor thats still in good condition. All i have right now is a thermal exhaust system and an intake. My goal is mid-13 sec car. I'm thinking about going high compression pistons 10.5 ratio, crowler cam shaft stage 2, AEM cam gears & pulleys, & a DC sport header as a setup. If its not good enough i was thinking of adding a zex nitrous kit & adding 50-75 shots of nitrous. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how i could obtain my goal?

**its a budget daily driven car**

ok, I deleted the BS in this thread. stop being morons. thank you drive through.

NA option
mid 13s out of an ls NA is tough. first thing i would do would be to swap the tranny out for a jdm type R with 4.75 FDR.
next, 10.5:1 is NOT high compression. if you going to do it, at least do 11.x:1 mid 11s is very streetable on 91-93 octane.
head work, head work, head work. port, polish, stage 3 cams from crower and valve springs, retainers, and valve job.
hondata to raise your rev limit up a bit now that you have head work, and to tune it properly.
you should be in the 13s now with proper bolt-ons.

boost option
revhard stage 2 kit
hondata
dyno/tune the piss out of it

n20 option
run a 100 shot and hope you dont blow up :p
you can also build up for n20 with fuel upgrades, pistsons, rods, etc... and shit, even throw a 50 shot on the NA buildup above wouldn't be a bad idea.

HTH

thanks everyone for the suggestions. i would go turbo but i don't want to spend all that money and then end up getting my car jacked. i live in an apartment with no garage. gutting the car is very tempting, but i think i won't do that quite yet. again thanks for the tips. we'll see what i do decide to do.

if you want to stay naturally aspirated, do the vtec conv that should give you any where from 180-200 hp its better than the gsr since the b18a has more torque and should give u at least low 14s, if not want go with the turbo

read my post 13 second with bolt ons
92-95 hatch with gsr motor
this is a run from 1/5/03
sacramento, california raceway

I talked to one guy who had an LS engine in a 93 hatch that pretty well stripped but he only had i/h/e a CTR trans and i think a skunk 2 manifold (not too sure about that one but i know it was aftermarket) he was running 14.5 on street tires. So i would definately get a CTR trans like one person suggested and then like 50 shot zex should put you quite safely into the thirteens. Also i almost bought a 94 civic coupe with an LS engine that had the head ported and polished, crower stage 2 and 12:1 compression pistons on gas peened rods, the thing fucking flew and he claimed it went 13.4 on slick, but this guy talked a lot of shit so dont count on that. hope it helps, im thinking about doing pretty much the same thing in my 95 coupe

technically they have the same torque but the gsr reaches 128 at 6200 rpms and the ls reaches 128 at 5200 witch makes it better in the low end alright punx04

i had a 93 hatch with a 95 LS.. i had an intake, exhaust, cam gears, and 70 shots of nitrous.. it got me into the 13s well..but i wouldnt have any ideas to do it NA..but i think go with turbo because its always on tap and u dont have to refill it..

i have a 92 hatch cx and put a 95 ls swap in to it with a total seal and cam gears and pullys and dc 4 to 1 and apexi N1 and 2000 si rims running stock ecu adn a 60 shot and hit high 13's..what i want to know is how the hell the girl in sport compact did basical if not suppedly less and hit 12's.... :angry:

Originally posted by ladybug_legend@Dec 31 2002, 06:27 PM
thanks everyone for the suggestions. i would go turbo but i don't want to spend all that money and then end up getting my car jacked. i live in an apartment with no garage. gutting the car is very tempting, but i think i won't do that quite yet. again thanks for the tips. we'll see what i do decide to do.

:ph34r: Fear the turbo LS! Do it all the way. It'll get you into the 13s and going N/A to get to 13s is alot more $ than going forced induction. Turbo is alot more fun in my opinion. mmmm turbo :worthy:

i have a 92 hatch cx and put a 95 ls swap in to it with a total seal and cam gears and pullys and dc 4 to 1 and apexi N1 and 2000 si rims running stock ecu adn a 60 shot and hit high 13's..what i want to know is how the hell the girl in sport compact did basical if not suppedly less and hit 12's....

hhhmmmm..... "Stock ECU"
theres your answer.
after all these mods you should've had at least a reprogram. 'Tuning' isn't just putting the parts on, it makin 'em work efficiently too.

neway... Go with ls/vtec, 11.5:1 pistons, cam, manifold, i/h/e, light weight flywheel/pullys, ECU to run in the 13's all for around 4k. A little shot of juice (no, not a screwdriver :beer:) say around 25-50 should get you in the twelves.

Back