Need some LSD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
I can get a rippin deal on a 99 CTR LSD. 1. I know the B series tranny's are interchangable as far as bolting up to b blocks, but wat about internally(sp)? What will this LSD fit? I have a Y1 cable right now, will it fit? or will the LSD only fit a hydraulic tranny. If so which one. Thanks

matt

not 100% sure, but i believe there is a difference between the cable and hydraulic tranny's...

i don't think it will work, but... you might buy it, then use it for leverage in getting a cable one... like, get a buddy with a hydro trans to buy one for a cable trans, and swap him

There are 2 or 3 different bolt patterns for the final drive ring gear, and your LSD must match the stock diff if you want it to just bolt in. I don't know what all the different configurations are- it's been a while since I've peeked inside a B series transmission... but you'll have to check on that first. If it matches yours, you should be fine. Be prepared to re-shim your differential assembly though.

cable diffs won't go on hydro diffs
and more so
ls/b16 hydro diffs won't go on gsr/itr/ctr hydro diffs

the y1 sir lsd, or a quaiffe/other aftermarket are your options.

Back