Need some piston help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gdc2000

Noob
Well 9 months later my son has been born and everything has settled down a great bit and it is time to redo the crx.

I was going to do a mini-me swap but have put that on hold since I need to start driving the car back and forth to work daily. The oil compression rings are pretty much shot and it is time to put in the new pistons.

What I have now is a D16A6 and I believe the pistons I have are P29's? (The older Integra ones?) I remember people telling me they are a direct fit and I will not have any problems with clearance with the A6 head even if I shave the head a bit. I think my compression will be fairly high but I remember some of the mods saying that it is more then streetable and wont present a problem.

I would just like to confirm that this is in fact true cause I hope to get this started Sunday. Thanks for your input. I tried searching for the old post but for some reason I got no results. Maybe its too old of a post.

Last edited:
the D16A1 Integras had 2 different pistons - the 86-87 had the PG6B pistons and the 88-89 had P29 pistons - with the 86-87 pistons with stock head gasket and stock head, the compression ratio is around 10.5:1 - for every 0.010" milled from the head, you can add about .25 to the compression ratio - with the 88-89 pistons with stock head gasket and stock head, the compression ratio is around 10.8:1 - for every 0.010" milled from the head, you can add about .30 to the compression ratio - shouldn't be any problem with clearances with either, but wouldn't be a bad idea to check them to be sure - here is what the 2 pistons look like:
PG6top1.jpg

P29top1-1.jpg

if the rings are that bad, you may want to check to see if the block needs bored which would then mean you would need new oversize pistons

Thanks for the info. +Rep for you
They are the P29's after looking. As far as the block goes I really think it is fine but I will never know until I get it torn apart and look at it. The compression on all of them was good when we last checked it and if I remember right the #3 piston had some oil in it and the other 3 were fine. (#3 physically had oil in it to some degree)

My neighbor works on euro cars and since the dealer went under he has all of his tools at home and he said he has some kind of tool to check the shape of the walls and measure it. Hopefully we can just get away with honing them. I trust him to the point I will take his opinion as being the truth. I have to do whatever I can to get this thing running properly. The Batmobile smoke screen:ph34r: has to go lol. Nothing like sitting at a red light and you start the smoke screen cause you know everybody around is like, "f*cking ricer.":(

Thanks for looking out.

Back