need to put in bigger RAD. which ones??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlo

whats up guys, no motor swap issues, i live in toronto canada and im driving down to boston in a week and half, i have a b16a2 in my 93 del sol, (NO A/C) and its only got one of the little buzz box radiators that are 2inches by 2 inches, anyways, anyone who has driven an SiR tranny on the freeway can hear me on this, anyways for the long drive and my rpm's being relatively high the whole way i am goin to put in a full size rad. just curious which ones fit and which ones wont..... any info would help so i can go grab a RAD this weekend for it! :)
i got a 89 CRX and a 88-91 civic rad, readily available, but didnt take either till i could confirm if they would work or not..

also, if the rad hoses are different for some particular rads, do mention! :) thanx boys

yeah the rad does its job now, havent had any problems and ive been driving the swap for 2 months now, so i know its fine, but its just a long 8 hour drive, and 4500 rpm for 8 hours, i would just like my engine to be runnin as cool as possible for such a long drive, give it any extra help i can, the poor thing! :p

Your motor will be fine. Especially since when you're moving cooler air is moving over you radiator. Problems begin in stop start traffic when it's hot outside.

alright, not to be a dick, but no one even suggested a rad that will work. all i got was opinions on how my rad will work, i know the rad works, i drive it every day, infact almost all of my driving is in stop and go traffic, im in toronto, and it gets hot in the summer, so here, ill change the question... i live in toronto and do alot of stop and go driving, i need a bigger rad, which will fit???

get a fluidyne
got one in my sol (B18C/R swapped)... i drive like a fucking asshole (deep into the high cams for LONG periods of time), i autocross with it (short high RPM bursts then back to sitting still for about an hour), i race road course with it (30 - 40 min at 8500RPM), ive been stuck in traffic going through NYC for 4 fucking hours with it (you dont know what road rage is....) on a 100+ degree day.... it has never moved above the normal temp mark

yes there are other good radiators out there but i have seen them and they dont compare to the quality and finish of the fluidyne

The point I think we are trying to make is, yours works, it will be fine, don't waste the money on another one for no reason. If you just have to have a bigger one, an Integra one will fit with some fabrication of brackets. There's two threads about this on the first page of the EG forum... one with a link to a how to. Searching never killed anybody.

Or yea, get a Fluidyne, I have one also and it rocks, 4500-8000rpms for four to five hours straight without flinching.

Back