NEEDING HELP wiring probs, mounts ect. H22 into 99 civic EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99civicJDMh22

IM A NOOB AT HS. But i do need some help. i am about to do a swap and i want to my stuff strait but i need an run down on how to make a proper wiring harness to use on the motor. (do i use old with modification and if so how exactly). I will be using a 5 speed hydralic lsd tranny will i need shift linkage? and what mounts would be best i know hasport makes good mount but i found some good deals on ebay y should i not go with those. THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

you will need accord or prelude shift linkage. and you will need good mounts no ebay stuff and also you will need 90-93 integra axles. if you use the 90-93 accord half shaft with it witch i would,but on the wireing if the h22a is obd2b it will be a plug and play with just a few wires left to run but if the h22a is obd1 you will need to buy a jumper harness that will convert it to obd1

it is obd1 and i heard you can use harness from civic and modify it to wire up to the h22 and all the colors match up am i wrong, so what mounts should i go with, and where i am ordering the motor offers shift linkage should i just order it with the motor

yea go ahead and get the linkage, well i used enjo motor mounts with my ek h22a swap, but way back then i didnt know the wireing to good so i let a friend do it so im not much help in that part but you will still need that jumper harness

rywire will have them. they will even sell a whole harness to make it all plug in play if you got the money

i am going to have a h22 ecu will i still need the jumper harness but i am also looking at boosting my car right after i get it running good and then getting it tuned i dont no much about turbos any good suggestions (what will make the most power that the motor will hold good) i am use to spray i was running low 13 on a abuilt single cam with a 75 shot but i havent messed with turbos

well you will hit that 13s with just the h22a by its self well in a hatch anyways but yes you got to have that harness no way around it, but the h22a if your gona boost big numbers it has to be resleeved to handle it me myself on a h22a i wouldnt go over 7psi on the stock motor but that dont sound like much but it will fly on a h22a, and that jumper is like 80 bucks or the whole plug and play is i think like 250 or 300 it makes it were all you do is plug it up and go, but when you do turbo it dont go to ebay get a good name brand turbo

i am not skimping on anything i am going to do everything right and take my time i have another daily driver. couldnt i just put a block gaurd in the motor to keep the cylinder walls from shifting. but anywayz h22 shift linkage (check), jumper harness (check), swap shafts (check), GOOD swap mounts (check) any thing else you can think of that will help me out.

well this is what it took for mine but remeber im old school it might have changed jutsa little lol,but 90-93 integra axles 90-93 accord half shaft, 90-93 accord fuel rail, shift linkage, motor mounts, jumper harness, del sol top radiator hose, intgra ls lower radiator hose,slim line fan or cut up a stock one.and i would upgrade to a better raditaor 99-00 si one.

well i will be doing it soon i will have to let you know how it comes out i hate all those peeps hating on civic h22s but i have seen you on alot of forms backing it up thanks

yea theres not alot of love for the h22 but i dont know why befor the k series came out it was the only motor you could drop in a civic and kill all the camaros and mustangs you wonted to in stock trim,the h22a will destroy all other honda motors stock for stock besides the k series

well if you can think of any probs you ran into or any more info that would help me along and make it less stressful jsut let me know

not realy the ek is the best body for that swap, all you have to cut is for the shifter and thats it

you should have the obd2b it being a 99 modle

Back