needing some help with my f22 to hss swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fullthrottle83

hey how is everyone... im new to this so bear with me.. ok lets get to it... i have a 97 honda accord that had a f22 in if i bought a h22a with a trany out of a 94 honda prelude online, got it n tha car and having alil bit of problems ... lol ok ive got afew sensors that i dont have plugs for on my stock wiring... tha v-tech sensors and couple of sensors on tha back of tha motor. i bought a obd1 ecu with a jumper harrness... i dont know were to run tha extra sensors to on tha ecu or tha vacum hoses under tha hood... also bought a msd ignjition blaster coil 2... needin help hookin that up also :confused:... thanks for any help that any1 can give me

You need the Ecu and the wire harness out of the 94 prelude to get everything to work

You need the Ecu and the wire harness out of the 94 prelude to get everything to work

Nope.... You can use your stock 97 Accord harness, just add wires for the secondary intake runners (if you're using the stock prelude intake manifold), vtec pressure switch, vtec solenoid, and knock sensor. You're OBD-2 to OBD-1 jumper harness will plug right up to your stock Accord harness that connects to your ECU, and your OBD-1 ECU will connect to that. Make sure that if you purchased the JDM H22, and use the JDM OBD-1 distributor, that you convert your external coil to internal. If not, you can use an OBD-1 USDM distributor, and you don't have to do anything. I did a whole write up about the JDM/USDM distributors on H22's a while back. Just search. If you can't find it, I'll find the link for you... Good luck.

...and "Hondadude141", stop posting false information on this site, please... If you don't know the information, let someone else who does, post it....

also bought a msd ignjition blaster coil 2... needin help hookin that up also :confused:

What exactly do you think the MSD ignition blaster coil 2 will do for you? I can post up a diagram for you, but I would like to know your reason for using it... :huh:

...and "Hondadude141", stop posting false information on this site, please... If you don't know the information, let someone else who does, post it....

Dude, seriously? Show me a few more instances where I've posted "false info", all I told him to do is what has worked for me in the past. There are tons of ways to get around using a different wire harness with a jumper, and you used a different one, I dont think my post was "false information" I think it was my way of giving advice and you had yours. Ignored.

Last edited:
ok got everything done....... but having new problems.. used mystock wiring harness right have a jumper harness for tha obd1 ecu.... someone let me know if what ive done will work.... im not gettin any spark to my plugs.. ok this is what i did... tha stock wiring harness wont plug in to the h22a1 distibuter but it pluged into the stock distibuter so i swap tha internals in each of the distibuters... took my f22b2 stock ditibuters guts and put them into the h22a distibuter.... is this ok????also i just found out that the obd1 ecu that i bought is a p28civic integra vtec ecu.. could that b my problem or what i did to the distibuter??? i went out and bought a
SPOON SPORTS JDM P13 ECU CHIP 92-95 HONDA PRELUDE but need to figure out were i can get it installed if any1 knows were i can get that done.. also another thing i have a problem with is my clutch system... ive read some of tha post on here bout it but they havent helped yet.... ive done the bleedin system with some1 helpin and by myself with out a hose and with a hose in brake fluid and still cant get any pressure in tha pedel.... ive even changed the slave cylinder... ye ahavin alot of problems with this swap.. not as easy as i thought but guess im gettin all tha worng parts r somethin..... thank u to everyone that is tryin to help me... it really means alot to me.....we had r baby and she weighed in at 5lbs 10 ozs so i have to get this car done soon

Back