new beer coming to the US... 32% alcohol by volume

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

E_SolSi

Member of the 20 nut club
VIP
Super-High Alcohol Beer Heads to the U.S. - Yahoo! News

and the best name EVAR!!!!11!!

BrewDog Brewery | Tactical Nuclear Penguin

bottle.jpg
heading.gif

if that doesnt do it for you they also have an IPA weighing in at 41% ABV (dont know if that one is making it over here though)

BrewDog Brewery | Sink the Bismark!

bottle.jpg
heading.gif

BrewDog Beer - Award winning brewery
they have an option to buy online... they might ship to the US :beer:

It's difficult to say that this is truly a beer. Usually to brew a beer w/ that high of a %abv you need to use champagne yeast and a freeze process.

crx-yem++

You would have to brew that extremely slowly. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of sugar that it must start with...

If you actually watched the video it took over a year, and then they froze it.
.. you guys are awesome smart ^^/. I want this now, and the names are genius.

It's difficult to say that this is truly a beer. Usually to brew a beer w/ that high of a %abv you need to use champagne yeast and a freeze process.

crx-yem++

You would have to brew that extremely slowly. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of sugar that it must start with...

as stated in the video and on the news page on their site

http://www.brewdog.com/news.php?id=88

The Antarctic name inducing schizophrenia of this uber-imperial stout originates from the amount of time it spent exposed to extreme cold. This beer began life as a 10% imperial stout 18 months ago. The beer was aged for 8 months in an Isle of Arran whisky cask and 8 months in an Islay cask making it our first double cask aged beer. After an intense 16 month, the final stages took a ground breaking approach by storing the beer at -20 degrees for three weeks to get it to 32%.

For the big chill the beer was put into containers and transported to the cold store of a local ice cream factory where it endured 21 days at penguin temperatures. Alcohol freezes at a lower temperature than water. As the beer got colder BrewDog Chief Engineer, Steven Sutherland decanted the beer periodically, only ice was left in the container, creating more intensity of flavours and a stronger concentration of alcohol for the next phase of freezing. The process was repeated until it reached 32%.

That is pretty damn impressive, the workmanship that went into creating such a thing. That and the names are simply kick ass.

Damn, pretty expensive. Though, if there's still Tokyo available next week I'll order a case of that.

crazy though.. it would be around $43 for about 11oz of beer.. haha

Back