Votes: 0 0.0%
  • suzuki gsxr600

• yamaha yzf r6

• none of the ab

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcalica

i have rode bikes before, so i am not a beginner. i just want a good balanced bike.

My roommate is a kawi rep, and he owns an R6, however he feels that new ZX6R is a way better bike, in fact he is trading in his 01' R6 for one. If I were you, I would go and test ride all the bikes that you mentioned, and see which ones suits you best. Also see which dealership gives you the best deals. When my roommate bought his R6 the dealership gave him a helmet and paid for his first year of insurance. I have ridden a '01 R6, and a 02' honda 600R, and very soon I will have ridden a ZX6R. I prefered the R6 over the honda though, I could not get comfortable on the honda, I am a skinny guy and the hondas seat was not letting me sit right.

Definitely between the GSXR600 and CBR600, awesome bikes. But since i have a GSXR ill say that its the better one :D

Originally posted by JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT@Feb 11 2004, 05:06 PM
R6 all the way. the most comfortable one i've ridden so far.

LOL! So you've only ridden an R6, then?

no, i have also ridden a 600rr, the seat was too wide and i couldnt get comfortable on it. and a gsxr 600 my knees hit the sides of the tank.

After riding a friends R6 repeatedly, my wrists and hands would consistantly go numb after about a half hour. I've heard this complaint from other people on other boards, too. I love the bike otherwise, but wouldn't get it because I like to ride for more than a half hour at a time.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 11 2004, 02:14 PM
I want a sport bike..

damn you jeffie...DAMN YOU!!!

:lol:

s4021764127114.jpg

Im sorry what was that?

=)

thanks for all the replies...I rode my friends r6, and yah, locohonky is right because i did not like that riding position...have any of you had experience with the interceptor? I've been reading up on it, and it sounds like a nice bike.

i want an gsxr1100..but considering im only register'd to get my lisence in spring...ill fuckin kill myself on 1...so r6 here i come

Originally posted by jeffie7+Feb 11 2004, 06:08 PM-->
revolution8k
@Feb 11 2004, 02:14 PM
I want a sport bike..

damn you jeffie...DAMN YOU!!!

:lol:

s4021764127114.jpg

Im sorry what was that?

=)

Jeffie you sure do brag about your bike a lot! You have an undertail, a devil high mount, and is that a second look unmatchin yellow seat? Its GAY... Anyways If your looking for the 600's go with the 600rr. Id feel sorry for anyone who owns a r6 or 1. Youll be rebuilding the tranny very soon. If I had to choose IMO.. 1. 600rr. 2. GSXR 3. ZX-6 (4). r6

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Feb 11 2004, 10:19 PM
Jeffie you sure do brag about your bike a lot! Its GAY... Anyways If your looking for the 600's go with the 600rr. Id feel sorry for anyone who owns a r6 or 1. Youll be rebuilding the tranny very soon. I day IMO.. 1. choice 600rr. 2. GSXR 3. ZX 4. r6

Haha so whats new? I should put a picture of it in my Avatar just for you =)

First off, Yamaha makes a wonderful bike as with tranny.
If people would stop dogging the R6/R1 the trannies would hold up just fine.
One of the bigger problems people had with the R1s was oil starvation thanks to people riding 1-2 mile long wheelies, thanks to the aftermarket world they made things for the bikes to help keep oil in place when riding wheelies.

A few of my friends have R6s and R1s and the ones who ride normal "fast but not crazy slaming gears as with not pulling wheelies every stop light" have bikes that run great and have no problems.

Mattcalica

The Interceptor is a wonderful bike. I would not pick it over a F4i/RR or any other all out 600cc sport bike.

One thing to keep in mind is the Interceptor "newer ones" have Vtec and a valve adjustment job will run you about 8 hours worth of labor this was posted on a bike message board as with links to pages backing it up Hard to believe...

I see no need for vtec in a bike so why bother?

Thats funny... everyone I know whos owned one had to get there tranny serviced.. Its not like I know what im talking about anyways. I only work in tech at Parts Unlimited...

Originally posted by mattcalica@Feb 11 2004, 06:50 PM
thanks for all the replies...I rode my friends r6, and yah, locohonky is right because i did not like that riding position...have any of you had experience with the interceptor? I've been reading up on it, and it sounds like a nice bike.

you really must not know what your looking for! Thats a totally diffrent style bike.. Just get a Vespa 125cc scooter. They do 80 or so... thats fast enough for you!

BTW... your asking about bikes on a honda car forum! Thats your first mistake.. www.stuntlife.com they have good forums those guys will let you know whats up! And they actually ride.. they arent the guys who know a guy who knows a guy who knew a guy who rides a motorcycle!

Back