new car but can't stand the motor mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SR20S13

so i got the car last night, and the motor mounts in this thing SUCKK there avid racing motor mounts and they just make the entire car shake, can i get diffrent bushings for it? or do i need to find a stock set or diffrent mounts with softer bushings?

oo yea its a 95 Civic Hatch with GSR bottom end with B16 head

yea but i didnt buy a bumble bee either, because thats what the car sounds like

How much did you get it for? You could always go back to stock motor mounts or like you said, switch out the bushings. Try Energy Suspension perhaps? :dunno:

I liked my Energy Suspension mount inserts, their not too rough nor too soft. just right, btw. Being your coming from a 240 set up, to a honda, honda's mostly come with a raspy sound, unless you get a well tuned exhaust. till then, your going to sound like a weed eater topping out at 40k rpm's

LMAO, I found that sadly a DC Sports header with Apexi N1 style exauhst sounds alright, much better then a bee hive and not quite like my lawn tractor on NOS haha

maybe something else is wrong that causes the shaking? I have the race hardness (70a) hasport mounts in my 2000 civic and it's not bad at all.

rough idle speed? does it shake while cruising?

Maybe he has bad ball joints or steering linkages. possibly bad mounts on his front sway bars or just needs to balance his tires. Shaking in a car could be just about anything. not just your mounts.

it doesnt shake the the steering wheel, its a CX and no sway bars, like my name is SR20S13 but thats just what i use i've had a 94 LX for about 2 years now with a Apexi WS2 (only a lil D15 though haha) and idk i've driven it some more on the road and its not all that bad it just takes some getting used to haha

i just bought my 2000 si. They kid who had it before was planning on boosting it and for some strange reason decided to start with the motor mounts. I dont know what brand they are but they dont make the car shake too bad.. there is ofcourse a small shake while idling.. just the steering wheel.. sometimes you can feel it in the seat but it drives quite smooth. I was trying to look into buying stock mounts but im having trouble finding them. I guess Ill just stick with these from the time being.
My real only complaint is it 'rocks' just abit when i shift, unless i shift REAL slow. I was wondering if thats normal or if maybe i should be worried abit..
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have no experiance with motor mounts so I don't know what normal is.

You can buy the stock mounts from a Honda dealer for around 400 bucks. The rocking is probably the stock suspension doing it's thing since the mounts are so strong. Normally some of the rock of the engine/powertrain would be lost in the stock mounts. Does it still have stock suspension?

Starting with mounts is a good idea. Those are the first things to break when your making more power. Hell I broke my stock ones because my clutch is so strong with my completely stock motor. The stock mounts were not meant for launches or hard shifts..

i gotcha. yeah it still has stock suspension.. im preparing to change it out within the next few weeks whenever i get time off and the weather is nice.
thanks for explaining that. it definitely cleared things up.

Back