New Evo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That is really sad. I also don't understand why that happened at all. Cars at my old dealership were NEVER ever allowed to be running while inside. The cars were even pushed in and out of the showroom by the sales staff. Poisonous carbon monoxide fumes in an unvented area is very dangerous... :(

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 26 2003, 10:28 PM
stupid kids

And don't forget the stupid dealership staff for not reacting faster to the sound of an engine turning over... :huh:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Sep 26 2003, 09:09 PM
That is really sad. I also don't understand why that happened at all. Cars at my old dealership were NEVER ever allowed to be running while inside. The cars were even pushed in and out of the showroom by the sales staff. Poisonous carbon monoxide fumes in an unvented area is very dangerous... :(

:werd: :bs:

:shocked:

First I wanna slap the dealer, then I want to slap the kid, and then I want to laugh my ass off at his parents who are now shelling out lotsa cash for that EVO.

At least he didn't get into the street and really do some damage. :blink:

i dont think that actually happend with the whole deal with the kid doing it. dealerships never have keys in the showroom cars much less let people rev them. also if that kid dropped the clutch at redline dont u think that evo would have little more damage to it? also notice the picture where it is taken in the showroom. there is no skirt marks left behind when the kid dropped the clutch.

Originally posted by highperboi@Sep 27 2003, 06:57 AM
i dont think that actually happend with the whole deal with the kid doing it. dealerships never have keys in the showroom cars much less let people rev them. also if that kid dropped the clutch at redline dont u think that evo would have little more damage to it? also notice the picture where it is taken in the showroom. there is no skirt marks left behind when the kid dropped the clutch.

1. They have keys to every car on the lot, in the showroom, and in the service bays. May not have been IN the car itself, but usually they keep them in a big locker type thing right at the front.
2. you're right, anyone that works at a dealer that is of average intelligence wouldn't have let a kid rev it let alone turn the car on. ignorance is bliss.
3. if the kid dropped the clutch at redline it would jump forward and gone right out the window...just like it appears to have done.
4. skirt marks? You mean skid marks? AWD grabs more than you obviously think it does, even on a showroom floor. if he did spin the tires, they didn't spin for long. I bet the car was sitting further back than that pic was taken from.

It doesn't seem to show any skid marks or tire tracks from him slamming on the brakes before he went out the window or before he hit the pole, which means he probably didn't know how to drive the damn car in the first place, got off the gas, and simply rolled into it at 15 mph or so. :shrugs2:

He's just lucky he didn't grab the taillend of that Red one on his way out the window with his newly found wage garnishing. :eek:

It looks like the showroom is squeezed on a corner lot somewhere and probably doesn't have much room for an open lot, so maybe one of the employees decided it wouldn't hurt to start it up for a few seconds. Idiot. :roll:

Stupid Kids...we'd be lucky to have one EVO at the dealer this year...there's two and he already gone and fucked the one up.

clubsi shoudl be renamed slowsi.com

at 5:20 in the morning, it still took a go0d 20 secs to freakin download

Smell's like :bs: if you ask me. There should still be some marks of him in that show room. Think about how much oily is still on the tires, and on the ground. Second, don't you think there should be more damage than that, if it was left in first, he should have been going 30 mph, if he did redline it. Third, how did he get the key out of the locker? Finally, something like that would have been on the news IMO, because it shows how "easy it is to steal a car right off a dealership," think about it, if that pole wasn't there he would have got a new car.

at least in many michigan dealers, they always have keys in the cars in the show rooms. At the BMW dealership where my dad gets his Mini serviesed at, I have sat in a z8, and the keys were right in the center councel. Hell at the Detroit international auto show, they have the keys in the car. If I wanted to, I could drive a mustang through cobo.

some newbie could have done this. He probally found the keys, put them in the ignition, had his foot on the gas and the clutch, turn the key one then let off the clutch. It could have all happened in less then 5 seconds, no time for anyone to do anything.

Back