new microsoft spyware tool

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welp, just ran a scan here at work... and i'm not remotely impressed.

it picked up several of my remote control applications as being spyware: TightVNC and Dameware

That, and it didn't pick up what it should have...

IMO, stick with adaware. this shit is wack.

we used to use dameware at my old work. kinda nifty. what is tight vnc? like secure vnc or something?

its like dameware, only slower.

but its lighter, so we use it more. they have a real low compression method which makes it good for hitting machines in other offices/states. so it looks like shit, buts its enough for me to look and see whats up down there.

either way, the spyware tool picked it up as being spyware. hardly.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Jan 7 2005, 01:20 PM
Firefox to win the battle. Linux to win the war.
[post=442538]Quoted post[/post]​

:ph34r:

spybot fucked my computer over. it removed something from the registry at some point and I was unable to log into my computer without repairing the windows installation

the air force banned dameware past all firewalls because of "security holes". they want us to use teminal services/remote desktop for all client to server connections

what do they plan to use for client to client connections? fucking PC Anywhere

Bunch of fucking idiots.

lol

we only use dameware across our virtual wan, so its pretty secure.

at my new work all we use is terminal services/rdp to access all our test servers

we terminal into our servers that are on the other side of our DMZ, such as our two external webservers. but for on the lan machines on the same side fo trhe hardware firewall and dmz, there's really no secuirty issues.

For a really effective spyware scan I use the bootable Bart PE CD with Adaware installed on it so it can scan without the OS running. I really recommend it to the other tech support people here.Bart PE

Back