new Modifiers toy cars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by rsaeini@Oct 17 2003, 10:32 AM
ford is bringing back the Mystic Cobra for 2004. if you don't know what it is, basically you can get a chameleon paint job from the factory on your 2004 Cobra.

That means come 2004 you can admire your cool paint job when you're stuck on the side of the road with your hood popped open.

(Before anyone flames me... I'm just joking...)

Originally posted by jiahanhao+Oct 17 2003, 10:08 AM-->
@Oct 17 2003, 10:32 AM
ford is bringing back the Mystic Cobra for 2004. if you don't know what it is, basically you can get a chameleon paint job from the factory on your 2004 Cobra.

That means come 2004 you can admire your cool paint job when you're stuck on the side of the road with your hood popped open.

(Before anyone flames me... I'm just joking...)

i'm not going to flame but it's ironic how my civic breaks down 10 times more than my Stang.

The 93, 95, and 00 Cobra R's.

CobraRs3.jpg

The 95 R model had a 300-hp 5.8L V-8, reached 60mph in 5.4 seconds and topped out at 152mph. Only 250 were made, and all were white. An NHRA licensed was required to purchase a 1995 SVT Cobra R.

Concerning the Mystic Cobra of 96, Mystic was a color-changing paint. Depending on the angle of the light, the cars could look green, purple, or bronze. Mystic is an expensive color. A bottle of touch-up paint is $35, and can only be obtained through licensed SVT dealers. The reason for the markup is that Mystic was developed by BASF, and the green used to make it is the same green used to make U.S. paper currency.

Here's a 96 Mystic Cobra

MysticCobra2.jpg

And the 04 Mystic Cobra

04MustangMystic02.jpg

MysticSeat.jpg

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 16 2003, 11:57 PM
The modified GT looks too much like a Cobra R.

Nope.. not at all..

ray - they are bringing the mystetic back, but its fucking gay.. even the seat inserts change colors, but they are mostly purple. And for 40-45 ish, not worth it. Also they have a comp orange for the cobra's that have been released for the 03 gt's.. and it looks like ass, the old tangerine of 96 is better.

Originally posted by rsaeini+Oct 17 2003, 03:32 PM-->
Frankie P.
@Oct 16 2003, 08:57 PM
The modified GT looks too much like a Cobra R.

no, it doesn't look like a Cobra R. it looks like a freakin Roush. if you don't know what it is look it up.

and NO, the year 2000 was not the only year they made the Cobra R. they also made it in 1993 and 1995. In 93 it had a 5.0L engine pushing out 235hp and 280lb-ft of torque. they made 107 of this model. In 95 it had a n/a 5.8L engine. 300hp and 365lb-ft of torque and they made 250 of this model.

Get your facts straight if you're going to correct someone.

just an FYI:

Who gives a fuck about the weak ass 5.0s? I was talking about the ONLY year Ford produced the R with the 5.4L Triton V8.

My facts WERE straight, because I, nor anyone else cares about the 93-95 Cobras. They're slow and boring. :sleep:

;)

Edit: page two :owned:

5. slow.. but they are turning awesome numbers with turbo's strapped to them.

There is a foxbody in town with a stock short block (except cam), bolt ons, hefty cam, gt40x heads, intake manifold, etc. 200 shot, and on slicks is STILL only running 12.6 and he has an auto in it.

Great... more shit for me to buy :D does the Crx only come in Black? :(

gonna have to find one now

i'm not saying i would purchase the mystic cobra but they are certainly releasing it. i agree, it's pretty ghey. i love the 96 model a lot better. it was the true mystic.

as far as the new seats on the mystic...what's up with all those buttons on the left side???

I had a '00 Civic Si when the modifiers first came out. I paid like 15 bucks for that fucker. It was a black on with blue sparco seats. Didn't really match...oh well...
It was that or the Gs-T. I think I made the right choice.
:thumbsup:

Originally posted by rsaeini@Oct 17 2003, 03:41 PM
as far as the new seats on the mystic...what's up with all those buttons on the left side???

on my mustang, there's lumbar support buttons, some crank that has the sides of the seat fold in on you to grip you better (i guess, it's pretty cool), then recline, up & down, and back & forward. lotsa buttons. think if you add an auto tilt and seat warmers, then there'll be more buttons than you'll know what to do with.

2004 Mystic Cobra is gunna be worth some COIN in 10 years... The 1996 Cobra's are now selling for 5k more than they were new, with 20-30k miles on them...

I'd LOVE to get the money together to put a 2004 Mystic cobra into storage...

OH yes. ;)

Finally got my digital camera to work. So here's some pics of my Modifiers.

I'm doing a little more searching tonight for the del Sol, CRX, and Prelude.

group1.jpg

group2.jpg

accord.jpg

escalade.jpg

focus.jpg

gsx.jpg

integra.jpg

itr.jpg

mustang.jpg

s10.jpg

Best of em all:

stang_front.jpg

Target for $5.

Bought a silver Civic tonight for $8. Everything else Shopko, Walmart, and Target had I already owned a variation of. I'm not buying three different colored Integras.

Back