New NSX factory in Ohio

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

they other place is Kentucky. same thing lol

$70 million is the investment to build the facility. The actual development cost is quite a bit more. The reason it is low is because the car will be low volume. With a low volume car, you use processes that have a low investment but sometimes a high piece cost.

For example, you can justify a $20 million robotic welding line for a 30,000 unit per month Civic. Hard to amortize a $20 million investment over say, 3000 cars a year. You don't need nearly the capital investment to build cars by hand vs. with robots.

The NSX will be awesome.

The NSX would be awesome.

...if it wasn't set to be built by whiny-ass shithead shift-work temp-agency-job-acquiring union workers more concerned about bullying their bosses for higher wages, more benefits, and more time off while not giving a FUCK about the quality of the work they're performing.

I've worked the line at two different dealerships. I've seen the trash that has to be addressed on brand new undelivered units fresh off the truck. Here's a good example, back when the Dodge Journey first came out, a large portion of the vehicles were assembled around a time of heated arguments over union-related wage bullshit. The first several thousand units delivered to the dealerships (which were assembled during the time of the near-strike) had a recall issued prior to the vehicles even arriving to the dealerships, to TIGHTEN THE FLYWHEEL BOLTS THAT HAD BEEN FOUND TO BE LEFT FINGER TIGHT.

It's not a huge mystery why the BMW's manufactured here in the States are the most problematic and biggest pieces of shit they make.

The Infiniti JX is made in TN. We have had a number of vehicles that were all together missing pieces.

"Huh, diagnostics show the BCI unit is malfunctioning"
/remove bumper/
"Well that makes sense, it's not even here"

Not to mention its an overall piece of shit that was rushed into production. We honestly have more problems with these things than the rest of our production line put together. Hell, it's been recalled 4 or 5 times.

other than a Dodge dealership, I also worked at Nissan for a while (same as Infiniti, for anyone out there that's a dumbass - I left the Dodge dealer with the service manager and went with him to Nissan), and it's the same shit on that end. Not surprised at all the Infinities saw the same issues (most Nissans sold in this country other than the GTR and 370Z are built in Smyrna, TN or Canton, MS).

GTR and 370? Awesome freaking cars. Some of the most fun test drives I've ever been on.

Pretty much anything else from Nissan? Junk.

Honda is non-union. Been building Accords in Ohio for 30 years... We have our issues, but not like what you are describing. The NSX plant will get 100 high quality veterans. The funny thing is that the most problematic Honda models come out of the Alabama plant. Must be a Southern thing just like Nissan.

One of my coworkers owns a 370z. The thing is a piece of shit. There are so many critical mistakes on that car that doesn't allow you to use it as intended. The brake fluid boils really easily, they left out an oil cooler, so it overheats and shuts down after running a few hot laps. The fuel tank is a poor design, so you get fuel starvation after long, hard right hand turns. Maybe I am nit picking lol. I imagine it's competitors aren't any better.

does a new nsx exist? like, it's been driven
?

One of my coworkers owns a 370z. The thing is a piece of shit. There are so many critical mistakes on that car that doesn't allow you to use it as intended. The brake fluid boils really easily, they left out an oil cooler, so it overheats and shuts down after running a few hot laps. The fuel tank is a poor design, so you get fuel starvation after long, hard right hand turns. Maybe I am nit picking lol. I imagine it's competitors aren't any better.

S2000s starve fuel under high lateral load- solution is to start each session with a full tank. :)

There's a difference between a 'poorly designed car' and a 'poorly assembled car'. I've never made any claims about the design of the vehicles stated above, the complaints were directed towards the poor assembly.

Brake fluid boiling, poor fuel tank design, etc are problems that would exist regardless of the quality of the assembly.

edit: although I was not aware that Honda's assembly plants don't allow UAW...however, doing a bit more research, it appears that neither does Nissan.

So I guess rather than associating the UAW with the shitty workmanship, I'll just shift that blame to 'lazy-ass American workers in general'. Either way, this country and the majority of its occupants is/are fucking junk.

Last edited:
S2000s starve fuel under high lateral load- solution is to start each session with a full tank. :)
gen's too.
stupid gas tank design is actually 2 bubbles on 1 tank split by the drive shaft (think : saddlebags) and there's a pump that pumps from the left side to the right side constantly to make sure the pump to engine side has fuel.

Back