New Project [under construction]

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMilan

Well it's official,

The hunt is on to find a new project car. Currently 88 hatchy for sale, but I am thinking about keeping it for a wannabe drifting POS, you guys think dave scholtz will mind if i paint my shit cammo??? ;) Anyways I am looking for another 92-95 Hatch in the vx/cx trim level and maybe a dx.

So if you guys see anything out there let me know, I test drove a nice white dx yesterday that was clean as fuck, I mean really clean.

Here are the plans:

-To tip the scales at 1900lbs even without driver while keeping AC (this will be a task for sure)

-84-85mm (haven't decided yet) B block - I want something from 1950cc's-2010cc's

-All Motor with slicks hitting low low deep deep 12's

-Going to see how far I can get with oem R cams and then punch in soemthing wtih high lift

Reason I want to keep the old hatch is bc when I swap out the old motor of the soon to be project then I can put it into the current hatch that I have now and maybe put a shitty 14b turbo on it with my own plumbing and see what that gets me for fun.

Either way I will post pictures, and let me know what you guys think.

Milan

Best of Luck mang. Post slips when you hit the low 12's.

thanks guys, this should last 6 months for the final build.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jul 1 2003, 03:50 PM
thanks guys, this should last 6 months for the final build.

Milan

low all-motor 12's in 6 months will be quite an accomplishment... good luck man.

Kyle

Sounds like a good plan. I'm pickin up a 95 dx (i think) hatch for $1000, it needs a new passenger door & fender & a dent popped out, then it'll be lookin pretty sweet, i plan on gutting it & throwing in a b18b & turboing it, my project will take longer than yours because I am saving to buy a newer Mustang GT right now haha...but good luck man, i wanna see slips!

12's all motor in 6 months can be done easily with the right 'flow'.

when the motor gets dropped it's going to have:

-lightening the ride is important this time (going with some fiberglass pieces painted the oem color though even the hood)

So right off the bat she should have:

-JDM ITR motor
-fidanza/jun/toda flywheel
-RPS turbo clutch
-P28 with ITR base map, then two weeks later P28 with skunk2 5700vtec,9krevlimiter (I want to actually dyno this part to see if the chip really does lose power, then hondata unit.
-SMSP header with 2.5 "mandrel bent" piping with ES 2.5 oval muff painted black
-CTR intake cam
-thinner headgasket
-fuel pump
-C&R radiator (oh the nice gold one i saw yesterday)
-weight of the car should be down to 2050 at this point maybe lower
-J'sCF intake/ice box (this i have no idea what to do) maybe get both and actually dyno them on my ride.

I think with some practice launching and slicks on a cold ass day 12's could be possible.

Milan

does bill have AC?. I also have no use for an LS motor to be honest, the entire motor wold get scrapped bu the crank would stay.

I was going to go with the jdm itr stock long to see how it would do with all the other work, and then build myself a LS bottom with 84-85mm sleeves. And see where that would take me.

Bill, would you post some shit on your ride, thanks

Milan

does bill have AC?.

I think this is a florida thing. I always threw my A/C away. Now I want it in both my cars and I'm fixing it in my GF's galant VR4.

Hey JDMilan there was a cheap ek hatch CX trim with AC in the autotrader within like 50 miles of 33157. Red $2995 I think.

nope, no a/c.... but if you buy his car, i'll give you my a/c :) you jsut need to get the sol vtec bracket to mount it up. i'm taking mine out soon.

his car is posted up in the vehicle classfieds... wildbillhatchbac

I would say that AC is necessary in the southern humid states... like Texas and Florida. If you get a 5G hatch, I think 1900 pounds empty with a B block and AC is doable. I'm aiming for 12s myself all motor with full interior and all the comfort stuff, and I think I can pull it off with the new engine build and good driving. We'll see. It'll be a road course car anyway, drag is secondary- but after watching that "Fast Civic" video, I want to come up with a nice progressive delivery nitrous system fed with race gas to add another 100hp on top.

:lol:

Good luck with the build!

I ran AC for one year in south florida and it was hell during the majority of the year. I took it out for the weight savings. Thanks for the ek reply but I just love EG's way too much.

Milan

I need fucking AC, my current drift wanttabee project doesnt have AC and it's a nasty mofo bitch, I wished I lived up north.

And what the fuck is up with the server today, my typeing is slow as fuck,,,,fuckkkkkkk......annyoying....

Milan

Back